Hello from Louisville, KY!

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
screamtone
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Hello from Louisville, KY!

Post by screamtone » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:30 am

Greetings from the home of the Kentucky Derby!

I'm very active on TGP (don't hold that against me), and I just picked up my first Jazzmaster (an MJT partscaster with Novaks and a Mastery bridge). Looking forward to hearing about mods, set-up tips etc. over here at OSG, since there isn't a lot of that info about Jazzmasters on the Gear Page.

Anyone else in Louisville?

bah humbuck
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Hello from Louisville, KY!

Post by bah humbuck » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:09 am

I'm not from Louisville but Rodan and Crain are two of the best bands to ever exist. You come from a place with a hell of a musical heritage. Have you seen the movie Half-Cocked?

screamtone
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Hello from Louisville, KY!

Post by screamtone » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:27 pm

bah humbuck wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:09 am
I'm not from Louisville but Rodan and Crain are two of the best bands to ever exist. You come from a place with a hell of a musical heritage. Have you seen the movie Half-Cocked?
Haven't seen to movie, but I know/knew some of the people in it. I worked at the cool guitar store here for many years, so I knew most everyone in that scene back in the day. I see some of the Crain guys often at a bar I frequent, and I went to middle and high school with Jon Cook and Tim Furnish.