Hello, hello

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
Jazzpastor
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Hello, hello

Post by Jazzpastor » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:38 pm

Hi everybody,
I have been doing google searches for this and that and found I kept coming to offsetguitars for information so I decided to join. I am really grateful for the wealth of knowledge here.
By nature I’m a bass player. I bought my Fender Jazz new in 1992 and since I’ve lugged “Beautiful Number 2” all over the US, parts of Canada and Asia while on tour. Before you ask, “Number 1” was a fiberglass upright that’s long gone.
I’ve had a pile of guitars over the years but the main stays have been an Ovation Deacon and an arch top I made myself. However, there was a missing colour on my pallet that only a JM could fill. Being a broke seminarian, I got a Squier affinity Jazzmaster and have been doing all kinds of mods (I don’t need another hard tail, double humbucker set up, the Deacon is a guitar had it’s PUs swapped for duo-sounds in the 80s). I can’t believe I used to be such a snob about the Squier logo. This is an impressive instrument. Researching intelligent mods are what brought me here. I know a lot of stuff but I am humble enough to know that many folks know more than I do, so expect questions that may sound naive.
It seems like a good bunch so I’m not afraid to ask.

jakeisjake
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Hello, hello

Post by jakeisjake » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:21 pm

welcome!
If I was a byrd, I'd be mighty sore every time they shut the door and I don't think I'd sing...