Hello from Buffalo, NY

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
jfgesquire
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Hello from Buffalo, NY

Post by jfgesquire » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:51 pm

I've been a guitarist for 35 years, and an assembler for about the last 5 years.

Having put together a decent number of Strat and Tele types, including finishing and electronics (but never an Offset) my poor 19 year old son also got the bug.

Except he went all in and bought some not so cheap parts from Warmoth.

I'm the dad who will show him how to put it all together, but I had some questions, of course, having almost no experience with offsets.

BUT FIRST . . .

He bought this Koa topped mahogany body, chambered, with a bridge humbucker, middle Strat and JM neck configuration. His ideas are excellent and very useful, intuitive for playing in a studio and gigging alike.

I just can't get over the Koa top. I've spent HOURS searching and could not find another Koa top with so little . . . anything.

I have never seen a piece of Koa with the grain circles and flat sawn look of this top. The only flame-ish part of the top is the small space between the trem and the bridge. Flame would not be important if it had some nice tighter straight grain. But it doesn't have that either.

Thoughts?

budda12ax7
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Hello from Buffalo, NY

Post by budda12ax7 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:40 am

Bills?