Howdy

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
JohnWainwright
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Howdy

Post by JohnWainwright » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:13 pm

Howdy.

I keep getting bugged by players I deal with in my side gig to come post on OSG. Apparently, my name gets dropped here now and then - so I figured I'd give it a shot.

I say "give it a shot" - because I typically try to avoid forums. Because of what I do, sooner or later I'll get asked a question or I'll make a comment that ends up making a moderator rule that the conversation has run afoul of non-commercial posting guidelines...and then I get banned. :fp:

It's harder than one might think to try to be involved in a social discussion site about something you do for a living, and not allow that part to leak in sooner or later. If someone else links to something about me and what I do, it's helpful. If I link to the same thing - it's a sales opportunity, and frowned upon. And I totally get it - I'm just saying, it's why I stopped participating in forums groups and such. It's a slippery slope.

I'm not really active on Facebook anymore - but back when I was, I managed to get myself unceremoniously throw'd out of just about every guitar building /wiring related FB group there is. :blush:

So...I'ma do my level best to keep things general in nature here. One could say that I have a fairly extensive knowledge of guitar/pedal/amp building and wiring...stuff - and specifically mods or custom wiring tricks that one might otherwise think not possible.

To that end, I figured I'd come see what's happening here and at least try to be social again - and maybe share some knowledge if I see someone stuck on something.

If I manage to get to 50 posts, I'll find out the particulars of the Guitar Shop section and link to some of the things I do. Until then, I'll try my best not to get myself tossed out.

Cheers!
---
jw