New to Offsets

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
Daitong II
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

New to Offsets

Post by Daitong II » Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:56 pm

Hello. Writing from good ole NYC! I’ve always been a tele guy but I’m finally delving into the crazy world of offsets. I owned a jazzmaster back in the 90s but eventually sold it. Fast forward to now and I’m jonesing for one. I’ve got a jazzmaster build that is almost done and I’m working on a Jaguar as well (there’s even a new tele in the works; I have issues).

I had taken a break from guitars for a number of years but recently got back into it hardcore. I have a Gibson j-45, an early 80s Japanese Epiphone Riviera, a blonde telecaster custom and a warmoth combo of both types of tele customs I made 20 years ago (a bound 72 custom basically).

Really hoping to have the Jazzmaster up and running within the monthish. Went with a BloomDoom Ocean Turquoise body and a B & B neck from Real Life Relics. Going for a relic look with this one. Fender 65 pickups (they were free, see how I feel about them once they’re on).

The other Jaguar build will be a Sherwood Green closet clean body from BloomDoom and a B&B neck from either Warmoth or BYO (would love to save the money, but some stories about BYO give me pause). Probably looking to put gold foil humbuckers in this one. Potentially an anodized pickguard if I can find with humbuckers routes.

At any rate, thanks for having me.