Old Geezer From The UK

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
Nik73
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Old Geezer From The UK

Post by Nik73 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:28 am

Hi all,

As I recently hit 50, I figured I really should add an offset to my collection. It's amazing how little information and opinions about offsets is out there compared to other guitars lie Les Pauls, Strats and Teles. I found this place invaluable in making a decision once I'd narrowed it down to getting a Jazzmaster so figured I should join. Long story short, I picked up a Troy Van Leeuwen JM in Oxblood and it's everything I wanted. I'm finding it really inspires me to play, and play outside my comfort zone.

GreenKnee
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Old Geezer From The UK

Post by GreenKnee » Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:54 am

Welcome to the forum.
There's a good few of us from the UK here.
Lovely looking guitar, the TVL Jazzmaster is one of the best looking guitars Fender has made in recent years.

JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Old Geezer From The UK

Post by JSett » Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:51 am

Hello! Fellow UK citizen here (for my sins). You've only got a few years on me so quit with the 'old' :D :D Lovely guitar, oxblood is pretty much the only red I can stand on a guitar - such a deep and rich shade.

Welcome, we're a nice bunch, but be warned...we have an odd sense of humour here but it's all very much well-meant and tongue in cheek hahah
Silly Rabbit, don't you know scooped mids are for kids?