First (real) offset coming soon!

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
Sundancer
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

First (real) offset coming soon!

Post by Sundancer » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:15 am

Not bitten by the offset bug until recently, was fully occupied chasing Strats, PRS, and the occasional Tele until now. Did have a Fender 'Ultra Jaguar' last year which was more JM-ish with a 25.5 scale and string-through body. It sounded great but was a 9lb beast and the Texas Tea finish didn't wear well on me so I sold it.

After playing a few 'real' Jazzmasters, I'm going to pull the trigger later this week, details still TBD but hope to get one with 'real' JM pickups and a bridge that doesn't need to get immediately upgraded to a Mastery or similar.

Curious if other JM owners have re-oriented their Vol and Tone knobs so the setting selected points toward the player? This seems like it should be trivial but perhaps there's a rationale behind this that's escaping me?

gr8went
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: First (real) offset coming soon!

Post by gr8went » Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:49 am

Howdy, and welcome. I’m new here as well. I’ve always positioned knobs the way they make most sense to me, and usually only if they’ve been removed for some reason. I say go for it. It isn’t permanent. Cheers!