Returning User

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
PuppyGirlBelly
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Returning User

Post by PuppyGirlBelly » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:52 am

Hi Offsetters!

I am a returning user, after my account has been dormant since 2014 or so. I'm a western Canadian bedroom guitar hero with more interest in modding and tinkering with my JMJM more than playing it... :whistle:

Been lurking again after finding a newfound re-interest in playing and being a nerd with my guitars. As well as DIYing pedals and such with my friends, so I'm looking forwards to sharing what I've been working on with y'all! An, of course, a required image of my JMJM, which is my #1 guitar....

Some info about her;
Current Specs:
  • A 2011 Model
  • Seymour Duncan Antiquity II pickups
  • Thomastik-Infeld Jazz Swing JS112 (AKA: .12s)
  • Stock wiring
  • Allparts white Witch Hat Knobs and Rhythm Switch
  • All other hardware is stock
Planned mods and upgrades;
  • Replacing those rhythm knobs with white ones (once I can find a 3D model for them) to make all of the controls match in colour.
  • Finally shielding her with copper tape for noise reduction.
  • Shielding the pickup covers with copper tape for noise reduction.
  • Simplifying the wiring (since last time I modded it I didn't realize I could ground the components to the pickguard... 😅)
  • Replacing the AOM with a roller bridge for tuning stability; especially one that I can shim to make the string radius match.
  • Getting a roller string tree to help with tuning stability.
  • Replacing the foam under the pickup with some pickup springs and more springy foam to help raise the pickups higher.
Woof Woof (she/they)