Re: Greetings!

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
LHR
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Greetings!

Post by LHR » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:07 am

Whew! Just officially activated.  I have been lurking (er, trying to activate my account for a long time now).  It finally must've expired and a quick trip over to IE and a new try and I am finally in here.  I originally located this site to test out colors for my guitar (CAR + mint green pickguard + aged pickup covers and trem tip); I thought it would look to much like a Christmas-themed instrument but this way I could see it without having to get the accessories. Dang, I never could get into that part as an un-activated yet registered user.  (Speaking of which, I searched desperately for some sort of admininstrator email address so I could say "hey how come I cannot activate my account even though I tried repeatedly and used two different email hosts, spam filter settings, browsers, etc?"  Of course, there is no way to get help about the site if you cannot activate so...  There really ought to be a way for registered users to do this, no?  But enough of my petty carping.)

Anyhow, I play a nice CIJ Fender Jaguar decked out in the the aformentioned colors. It looks good, in case you are curious, and also looks exactly like the generated Dressing Room image--kudos for accuracy there.  By the way, I am proud to report that my Jag has all the goodies, AVRI pickups, mustang bridge, etc.  I use it in a very lucrative surf combo. Perhaps you have heard of us...  ;D

Glad to be here.
Last edited by LHR on Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

mjet
Expat
Expat

Post by mjet » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:10 am

Welcome!

Considering the time that you're logging on I presume you're in Europe. (That and the fact that you wrote "Er" for that noise that we all make.)  ;)

Click on over to the Misc forum poll and add yourself to the tally.

index.php?topic=1431.0
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You eventually learn that true priorities are like arms; if you think you have more than a couple, you're either lying or crazy."

sookwinder
Mods
Mods

Post by sookwinder » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:32 am

G'day there, glad you were able to finally join us....  please remember we are but a small group of followers to the ancient worship of offsets  and as such our site here is still learning to walk, so any suggestions are definately looked at before we chuck 'em  ;)

welcome
relaxing alternative to doing actual work ...

Jay
Admin
Admin

Post by Jay » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:47 am

So what exactly was going wrong in the activation process?  Were you getting the email at all?  Would it not activate when you clicked the ink?

Welcome btw...  gald you finally made it.  :)

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:56 am

nice to have you here, thanks for the feedback :)
Resident Spartan.

Orang Goreng
Mods
Mods

Post by Orang Goreng » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:19 am

LHR wrote: "hey how come I cannot activate my account even though I tried repeatedly and used two different email hosts, spam filter settings, browsers, etc?" 
Just checked your profile and I think I know what it is. You misspelled (switched s and e) your e-mail address when you signed up, so you never got the activation e-mail. But good to see you made it! Welcome.
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man's a freak.

mezcalhead
Admin
Admin

Post by mezcalhead » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:40 am

Yeah .. I remember seeing "offestguitars@rhodesdigital.com" and wondering whether that was intentional.

We might need to look into some kind of button to send a message to admin if there's trouble with registering.
Distance-crunching honcho with echo unit.

LHR
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by LHR » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:37 pm

Fat fingered the wrong email!  :-[ That would explain a lot.  I thought it might be a browser issue.
You might consider allowing registered users to email someone, though, if there are activation issues.

mezcalhead
Admin
Admin

Post by mezcalhead » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:53 pm

I agree, I think that's a good idea. Let me look into it.
Distance-crunching honcho with echo unit.