New guy who's been lurking for a while

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
MrShake
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

New guy who's been lurking for a while

Post by MrShake » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:04 am

Hi!

New member here... been reading off and on for a while, but I finally got my hands on a Mustang (reissue, and she plays like a dream), so I thought the time was right to join. I'm not a hardcore collector (I've got around 10 guitars of all shapes and cheapnesses in my garage/studio), but I love a nice guitar, and have always been drawn to the "other" Fenders (Mustang, Jazzmaster, Jaguar, Duo-Sonic - hell, you all know what I'm talking about!)

Anyway, thought I'd introduce myself, and say hello, and thank all of you for all the info you've helped me glean since I started reading this forum.  Hope to be talking to many of you soon.
"Any two bit pedal can bring on distortion. Leave what little clean headroom there is alone."

sookwinder
Mods
Mods

Re: New guy who's been lurking for a while

Post by sookwinder » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:10 am

MrShake, welcome to our home... lots of discussions occur here, some even about guitars... you are more than welcome to join in at anytime :)
relaxing alternative to doing actual work ...

Aug
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Aug » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:01 am

the mustang is my favorite, but also have other shortscale offsets as well...welcome, man.  :)

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:20 am

a 70s Mustang in sunburst with a white guard was my first offset...welcome :)
Resident Spartan.

idiotbear

Post by idiotbear » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:07 pm

10 guitars is hardcore compared to me, and I'm an old FDP hand  ;)

Welcome!

Ludger
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Ludger » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:29 am

Welcome.  I'm a lurker too but I'm trying to increase my posts so that I have access to the other forums on here.

mezcalhead
Admin
Admin

Post by mezcalhead » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:04 am

Ludger wrote: I'm a lurker too but I'm trying to increase my posts so that I have access to the other forums on here.
I'm not saying that you're doing this, but just to remind you and anyone else reading:
Jay wrote: 11. The Equipment Exchange section is listed as a courtesy only. ... Post padding for the sole purpose of reaching 50 posts will not be tolerated and offending posts will be removed. If the behavior continues we may delete your account entirely.
Distance-crunching honcho with echo unit.

Ludger
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Ludger » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:20 pm

Well, I do want access to the other forums on here but not because I have anything to sell.   I just like to see the guitars 'n stuff for sale and what they're going for.   Same reason I check eBay and gbase every day as I'm sure you do as well.  As I told my girlfriend I have reached the point where I am happy with my guitars and don't need or want any more.
See:

(Any excuse to post guitar pics!) :P

p.s. For what it's worth I.M.O. I think 50 posts is a bit too high for a lurker like me but since I'm almost already there...meh. :)

edited to add: Sorry for the post highjack!
Last edited by Ludger on Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.