Future parts Jazzmaster

Got questions or suggestions? Want to show the world your dressing room creations? Post 'em here!
Zombie13
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Future parts Jazzmaster

Post by Zombie13 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:12 pm

Hey all, longtime fan of Jazzmasters here, recently, been debating about getting another guitar and I'm on the fence between a Flying V or a Jazzmaster, so I used the Dressing Room (and photoshop) to mock up a potential future parts project.

I don't use neck pickups and since I'm also doing vocals when I play live, I don't have time or a need to mess with tone knobs or switches.

Finding a big headstock maple neck with no inlays will be a struggle though.

Want to stay with stock parts as much as possible, but will be adding in a roller saddle bridge, string trees and maybe a roller nut.

We'll see how this goes.
My YouTube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/zombiethirteen

Beef Bonanza
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Future parts Jazzmaster

Post by Beef Bonanza » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:31 pm

I love the simple styling of the guitar. But i won't go without the dot inlays... your bandmates will eventually hate you :)

Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Embenny » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:51 pm

Beef Bonanza wrote:I love the simple styling of the guitar. But i won't go without the dot inlays... your bandmates will eventually hate you
Not everyone uses the fret markers to keep track of where they are playing. The majority of classical guitars, for example, have none at all, and I go up and down the neck of my classical just as much or more than I do on an electric.

I like it!
The artist formerly known as mbene085.

Zombie13
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Zombie13 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:31 pm

Beef Bonanza wrote:I love the simple styling of the guitar. But i won't go without the dot inlays... your bandmates will eventually hate you
Sucks for them, I like certain inlays, but prefer no inlays.
My YouTube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/zombiethirteen

l9gaj
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by l9gaj » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:12 am

Zombie13 wrote:Hey all, longtime fan of Jazzmasters here, recently, been debating about getting another guitar and I'm on the fence between a Flying V or a Jazzmaster, so I used the Dressing Room (and photoshop) to mock up a potential future parts project.

I don't use neck pickups and since I'm also doing vocals when I play live, I don't have time or a need to mess with tone knobs or switches.

Want to stay with stock parts as much as possible, but will be adding in a roller saddle bridge, string trees and maybe a roller nut.

We'll see how this goes.

Looks good - if you are keen to keep it as simple as possible do you even need the trem?

richfolkes
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by richfolkes » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:08 pm

There is someone you can go to to get a neck custom made, it's at Ali Express https://www.aliexpress.com/store/2291013" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Just drop a message stating what you want and they'll do it for you.

JazzmanLDG
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by JazzmanLDG » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:31 am

You could replace black dots with maple. BGP might do a neck without dots.

pad
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by pad » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:17 am

I really understand what you want!
I've built myself a phantomish guitar with nearly the same specs and even without Potis.
Works great and sounds as it should without any extras and that was how i wanted it!

Do it!!!
:?

SheaKimbrough
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by SheaKimbrough » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:06 am

I agree. The ascetics give it the normal Jazzmaster look, but it might look cool with a hard tail or even with string through holes and a TOM bridge.
l9gaj wrote:
Zombie13 wrote:Hey all, longtime fan of Jazzmasters here, recently, been debating about getting another guitar and I'm on the fence between a Flying V or a Jazzmaster, so I used the Dressing Room (and photoshop) to mock up a potential future parts project.

We'll see how this goes.

Looks good - if you are keen to keep it as simple as possible do you even need the trem?

KeplingerCustomShop
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by KeplingerCustomShop » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:42 am

Sorry to wake this post from the dead (hopefully not too late), but Faction Guitars makes a drop in replacement plate that turns your Jazzmaster into a hardtail. You can. Still use the JM still bridge or your TOM! Be warned, you might want to make sure your fretboard radius matches the TOM if you go that route (12").

Joey Ace
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Joey Ace » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:00 am

Reminiscent of the Fender Esquire, but even that had a tone control which could be switched out.

Lame Pseudonym
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Lame Pseudonym » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:31 pm

I approve.

I also prefer the absence of fingerboard markers. They're in the front of the guitar, and I seldom have time to walk around from the back of the guitar to the front of the guitar to see them. But give me nice fat side markers! Those I can see.

HotlineBirdman
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by HotlineBirdman » Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:51 am

Did OP ever make this? It's really cool.

postboredom
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by postboredom » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:42 pm

Really love this idea, i love jazzmasters, but i also love the simplicity of my les paul jr.

I would definitely building a bridge only JM one day.

jvin248
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jvin248 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:46 pm

I built a Jazzmaster Junior and it's a lot of fun ... So I give a thumbs up to the OP plan

... Here we are in the far away future, so much has gone on between then and now...
Did the OP ever complete the project plan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15s4Y9ffW_o