My impossible to find dream build JM...

Got questions or suggestions? Want to show the world your dressing room creations? Post 'em here!
dylanafghjkl
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: My impossible to find dream build JM...

Post by dylanafghjkl » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:39 pm

Glimmer wrote:
loungelife wrote:Love the idea. Makes me think of peppermint candy for some reason. I also say give Warmoth a call. Websites always have limitations in representing what people can do, whether it be custom work or price.
+1. I have a Warmoth JM with a Warmoth neck that officially (i.e. as per the website) Warmoth doesn't make.
Sorry to derail a bit but are Warmoth necks/bodies any good? Are they compatible with other stuff?

tealsixtysix
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by tealsixtysix » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:59 am

Warmoth necks and bodies are good.

To the OP, I bet Musikraft will do it for non-stupid money, but you might have to call to set it up. Their necks are quite nice, and they have the license from Fender to do the correct headstocks.

For stupid money (but an insanely nice result), there's always the Fender Custom Shop.

Jazzecaster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Jazzecaster » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:55 am

dylanafghjkl wrote:
Glimmer wrote:
loungelife wrote:Love the idea. Makes me think of peppermint candy for some reason. I also say give Warmoth a call. Websites always have limitations in representing what people can do, whether it be custom work or price.
+1. I have a Warmoth JM with a Warmoth neck that officially (i.e. as per the website) Warmoth doesn't make.
Sorry to derail a bit but are Warmoth necks/bodies any good? Are they compatible with other stuff?
I find Warmoth makes great quality stuff. They're sort of the "Fender" of parts manufacturers in terms of quality. You can spend a ton of $ elsewhere and get something amazing made just for you (various independent custom builders). You can also cut corners and get something passable for cheap (Mighty Mite).

To me, Warmoth is the standard for after market parts. Everyone below them wants to be them and everyone above them is charging 100% more for something only about 10-15% better.

Nick and the Noise
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Nick and the Noise » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:32 am

I'd play it! :thumbsup:

Glimmer
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Glimmer » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:55 pm

Jazzecaster wrote:What does Warmoth charge for these special requests though? Are the prices inline with the rest of their stuff? i.e. does a maple JM neck with white blocks cost as much as a rosewood Strat neck with white blocks?
IIRC I paid an additional $60 to get the shaft wood I wanted with the neck construction I preferred. Why not give them a call / send them an email requesting pricing on the special request you have? Then you can decide if it's worth it to you.