HOW CAN I RECORD THIS SPECIAL FX?

Get that song on tape! Errr... disk?
Superfuzz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

HOW CAN I RECORD THIS SPECIAL FX?

Post by Superfuzz » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:07 pm

Well , before to start an appropriate thread on the FX section I've to record this particoular pedal that I've created..the point is this: For a strange reason this pedal is very sensible to the output and input inpendance..if I plug my chain directly in my sound card and then run guitar rig2 it sounds horrible, recording with the integrated mic of my pc sounds horrible too, I've no other ideas..this pedal is vey strange  ???
I could plug my amp lineout into guitar rig but then what I've to add? adding an amp sim makes everything so treebly and noisy..
Thanks for now!
Emanuele.
Architecture students are like virgins with an itch they cannot scratch,  never build a building 'till are fifty, what kind of life is that?

the older brother
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: HOW CAN I RECORD THIS SPECIAL FX?

Post by the older brother » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:13 pm

I have a VOX Valvetronix LE and it got a pedal loop where I plug my pedals and then line it into the input and record the audio -piece of cake  ;)
Someone knows where I can find the nearest woodchipper to throw my pieces of junk into?

Superfuzz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Superfuzz » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:22 pm

mmm..I've an old zoom 505..maybe I could try it after THAT pedal! ;)
Architecture students are like virgins with an itch they cannot scratch,  never build a building 'till are fifty, what kind of life is that?

chrisjedijane
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by chrisjedijane » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:24 pm

Try plugging your amp line-out into guitar rig, and only using the cabinet simulator (i.e. disable the amp section of guitar rig). You might get better results this way.
"we lack the motion to move to the new beat"

Superfuzz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Superfuzz » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:17 am

well so I finally ended by plugging my amp from the headphone out to the soundcard..I have no line out except for the fx send (bu it sounds really bad) so I had to push the soundcard preamp at max the, boost the signal in guitar rig..anyway hums apart the sounds is what it should be so it's quite ok! :)
Now I've to upload the mp3 somewhere, but WHERE?
Thanks!

Orang Goreng
Mods
Mods

Post by Orang Goreng » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:20 am

Superfuzz wrote:
Now I've to upload the mp3 somewhere, but WHERE?
Thanks!
Try www.soundclick.com . Free, lots of space, et cetera.
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man's a freak.

fenderizer
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by fenderizer » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:46 am

Superfuzz wrote:the point is this: For a strange reason this pedal is very sensible to the output and input inpendance..if I plug my chain directly in my sound card and then run guitar rig2 it sounds horrible, recording with the integrated mic of my pc sounds horrible too, I've no other ideas..this pedal is vey strange  ???
Some recording cards and/or audio interfaces have an Hi-Z input. If your sound card hasn't, maybe consider impedance conversion via (pre)amplifier?
With some electronics knowledge , you may even do it yourself, a lot of (quite cheap) OP-amp circuits have high input impedance.

Greetings - the Fenderizer
they're coming to take me away, hahaaa ...