Presonus Studio One rent to own...

Get that song on tape! Errr... disk?
Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Presonus Studio One rent to own...

Post by Larry Mal » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:01 pm

I like this concept. You can just pay $17 a month to Presonus until the license is yours forever.

That's cool.

A nice way to get into a great DAW without having to come up with the few hundred bucks or whatever it costs now (it's an inexpensive full featured DAW). It costs about the same as Avid's subscription plan to Pro Tools, but you own it at the end- fuck Avid.

I never got too far with Studio One, I do have a version 2 license and I liked it. But I have licenses to almost all the major DAWs and I can't really keep up with all of them, and Studio One fell by the wayside. That being said, though, they had a great drive when developing this one and really offered some great features and innovation at a great price point. I always meant to spend more time with it, but you know how that goes- but to anyone looking to step up to a great DAW, this is a tempting offer.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

mackerelmint
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Presonus Studio One rent to own...

Post by mackerelmint » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:13 pm

Wow. That's a great sales model. Good on them.

Studio One is my favorite by far, I have an old version and won't be upgrading my recording PC anytime soon, so it'll stay an old version. Whenever I do ultimately upgrade, probably years from now, I hope they'll still be doing this. I can see this cutting down on the piracy issues for them.
This is an excellent rectangle

somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by somanytoys » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:11 pm

That is very cool. My first interface was a nice little Presonus firewire, and it came with some stripped down brand of DAW - Cubase or something else, it was quite a long time ago, although I probably still have the interface somewhere. I don't have firewire anymore, though. I think an old friend of mine actually works for them, or did a while back.

I've been using Sonar/Cakewalk for a long time, and just upgraded to the newer Artist version sometime in the past year or two (?). I thought I just saw somewhere that someone (Gibson?) was going to discontinue Cakewalk or something, and some other company stepped in and saved it? I should probably go read that, I don't know if there would be problem using the software since I already bought it, and I don't think I bother updating it, if they're even doing that. But the way software works now, you never know - some of it's gotta check in with the mother ship or some crap to verify it, or you can't use it.

It's good to know that there's a reasonable alternative if something happens and I have to switch. It's not like I'm so prolific at Sonar/Cakewalk that I would have to bend my head around learning something new. Just don't wanna.
-David

It's a boost booster, to boost your boost - it makes your tone much muchier.

budda12ax7
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by budda12ax7 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:39 am

I've been rocking Studio One for two years. I just upgraded (it was on sale ) to studio one 4 professional. I paid 149.00 US for it.

It just works for me. Previously I was using Cubase and it was a struggle. I'm still learning some of the plugins as far as what to put onto tracks in mixing, but I found it easy to use on a daily basis. There are so many plugins that come with it, I have not gone through all of it yet.

I use a Scarlet interface and I feel very free and creative with my little setup.

Drewbertca
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Drewbertca » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:34 pm

I think I spent $275 CAD or so total for Version 4 Pro ...starting with version 2 for like $100 CAD then an upgrade to to producer for like $100 CAD with a million bonus downloads (on sale). Then the upgrade from Version 2 Producer to 4 PRO for less than $100 CAD. Happy camper. Great DAW.

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:54 am

Wow, this is pretty cool.

And it solves the problem of Apple obsoleting my copy of Logic Pro.
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

budda12ax7
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by budda12ax7 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:28 pm

The best thing is that you can template your keyboard commands from any other DAW you were using. It just works for me.