Behringer has acquired Aston Mics

Get that song on tape! Errr... disk?
Telliot
Mods
Mods

Behringer has acquired Aston Mics

Post by Telliot » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:25 am

I’m not sure how I feel about this, but it seems Behringer is trying to position itself to be a more serious player in the music world. I owned an Aston Spirit for a few years and really liked it, their other mics seem to get positive reviews too. Does this mean Aston will start building replicas of other famous mics, or will they veer off into new territory? Also — and I mean this sincerely — Music Tribe is a stupid, cringeworthy fucking name for a company.
The cool thing about fretless is you can hit a note...and then renegotiate.

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Behringer has acquired Aston Mics

Post by Larry Mal » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:10 am

Yes, Behringer has been working for some time to be other than what they had been known for, trying to get interest in their own designs at times rather than the reverse-engineered replicas they had done.

That article seems to mention that Music Tribe is branching off into a "professional" grade and prosumer line.

To be honest with you, I wish them all the best with this. In an industry that very often simply throws money at big names, Behringer constantly talk about how they focus on delivering quality at value. I feel that they genuinely do work towards that goal and accomplish it more often than not. I think overall that they are a net positive in the audio world.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

Telliot
Mods
Mods

Re: Behringer has acquired Aston Mics

Post by Telliot » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:44 am

Larry Mal wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:10 am
To be honest with you, I wish them all the best with this. In an industry that very often simply throws money at big names, Behringer constantly talk about how they focus on delivering quality at value. I feel that they genuinely do work towards that goal and accomplish it more often than not. I think overall that they are a net positive in the audio world.
I tend to agree, however in my digging around for more information this morning, I came across a couple blurbs about the working conditions for the people making Behringer's products aren't so great. I couldn't find much on this, so I don't know how true it is, but that kind of soured me a bit. I realize this is the 'price of doing business' these days, and hard to get away from, but still...
The cool thing about fretless is you can hit a note...and then renegotiate.