New Recordings

Get that song on tape! Errr... disk?
jetset
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

New Recordings

Post by jetset » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:43 pm

Howdy-
My band has almost finished mastering our third CD.  We're pretty psyched since it's been a looong time in the works.  We've posted some short samples of the almost finished product here:

http://www.thejennifers.com/Samples.html

You can hear two full tracks on our Myspace page:
http://www.myspace.com/thejennifers 

I'm singing, and playing the right channel guitars, which are mostly a 66 JM through a 65 AC15, and the occasional Barber LTD and BYOC delay.

Love to get some feedback.
-J
I can't hear the forest for all the falling trees.

mezcalhead
Admin
Admin

Re: New Recordings

Post by mezcalhead » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:31 am

I'm really liking this .. the melody weaves where you don't expect it at first listening but still stays melodic and catchy .. I hear the XTC influence. And the lyrics are great!

[edit] Hey, you stole the guitar riff from Stereolab's "Crest" for your "Starshine" .. nice new take on it too. I've got about half-a-dozen tracks inspired by the way the guitar and bass line interplay in that song, which is still one of my favourite Stereolab tracks.
Last edited by mezcalhead on Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Distance-crunching honcho with echo unit.

pullover
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by pullover » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:43 am

I think it kicks ass, but I have always liked your stuff (checked your band out after seeing your guitar collection on the FDP). Your guitar sounds really good, I really like the main riff in landslide. Really Poppy. Did you record and master it yourself?
Why should we buy postage stamps? We can make our own.

jetset
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jetset » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:21 am

Thanks a lot.  We recorded, mixed and mastered at a real studio for once - Invisible Sound in Baltimore.  But it's all self-financed so we had to be pretty efficient.  We even did a few individual tracks in Garageband and transferred them digitally into the mix.  Hopefully CD release will be in December or January.

Crest is perhaps the best one and a half chord song ever.  They are one of my all time favorites, both studio and live -they make you want to dance in 5/4 time.  This is going to sound sick, but when Mary died, my first thought was "I hope they don't break up".  My second was "That's really horrible", (my third was "Wonder who's going to get her Jazzmaster?")

-J
I can't hear the forest for all the falling trees.

mezcalhead
Admin
Admin

Post by mezcalhead » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:08 am

She lived next door to my cousin in North London, about twenty minutes' walk from where I was living at the time, although I never met her.

I felt sick for about a week after that accident. Such a shame. I saw them play about a year later and you could almost see and hear the gap where she should have been.
Distance-crunching honcho with echo unit.

idiotbear

Post by idiotbear » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:01 pm

Sounding really, really nice.

Wasn't The Jennifers the name of Danny and Gaz from Supergrass's old band?