anyone using an iPod to audition songs?

Get that song on tape! Errr... disk?
sookwinder
Mods
Mods

Re: anyone using an iPod to audition songs?

Post by sookwinder » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:05 pm

let me first give my rant... I HATE MP3 files .......   
I spend all this time recording/mixing/editing to get the sound just the way we like it ,then to have it ruined (potentially) by a crappy MP3 version at some low bit rate.

ok... rant over ...

I use MP3 players (generic asian/china made 2 gig for US$35) for review my recording all the time.  Don't use them for mastering , mixing or anything like that, just use them at wiork at my desk or on the plane when I am flying or in airport lounges....

The are a great way to continually listen to the same piece of music or even sections of music with out wearing out a tape head or tape itself.

Again I don't use them to mix anything (stupid idea) but having the "headphone  experience" does allow you to make adjustments in tyour  mind for when you do the next mix (with the monitors).

I have a pair of very expensive B&O ear phones/buds (didn't pay for them myself, got them a s "frequent flyer gift" on singapre airlines) and the frequency response is amazing, so I get the whole picture when I use them.

MP3 players certainly have made the old  Play/stop/reverse/play  button thing on the old walkmans (or even my DAT walkman) a thing of the past.
relaxing alternative to doing actual work ...

j67ab
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: anyone using an iPod to audition songs?

Post by j67ab » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:51 am

I bought a Belkin Tune talk recording mic for my 60GB ipod, I recorded drums, bass and guitar.  but mostly for getting a song idea down and then sharing.  I like it.  It works and it's fast and portable.