1. If you don't have anything useful to add, don't say anything. Be polite and respectful. Disagreement can be good and is perfectly acceptable. Don't take it personally if someone disagrees with you. Personal attacks, insults, hate speech or trolling will not be tolerated, and neither will displays of racism, homophobia, etc.
2. Use the best English and spelling you can. There are members from all over the world who have enough trouble translating proper English, let alone your shorthand.
3. Look to see if you can find an answer to your question before you ask it. The site has a Search function, and some of the forums have FAQ-stickies.
4. Stay on topic and place topics in the correct forum, it makes life easier for everyone.
5. Spreading misinformation will not be tolerated. If you are unsure of the validity of the information you are posting, make that perfectly clear.
6. No selling or trading outside the Guitar Shop section. To avoid spamming, the Guitar Shop is not accessible to users with less than 50 posts. Post padding for the sole purpose of reaching 50 posts will not be tolerated and offending posts will be removed. The Guitar Shop is listed as a courtesy only. OffsetGuitars.com does not accept any responsibility for fraud or identity theft by members. It is suggested that you use an escrow service or a service like Paypal so that you have options in the event of a problem in your dealings with other members. All transactions are at your own risk.
When posting in the For Sale/Trade forum, you must post a price or clearly state what sort of things you want in trade rather than ask for offers. This isn't meant to be an auction site. For sale ads without prices or trade requests will be deleted. It is, of course, okay to state "+/- cash" as part of a trade deal to balance things up.
The eBay forum is for unaffiliated auctions only. Affiliated auctions are to be posted in the For Sale/Trade section.
7. While we are sure you are proud of your product, employer, event etc... retail advertising is expressly prohibited. If you or the company you work for have products for sale, post them in the For Sale/Trade forum.
8. Post links to large pictures or stories instead of posting them. Large pics can take a long time to download for those without high speed connections and stories can't be reprinted without permission of the author or publisher.
9. Avatars should be appropriate for a guitar website and no more than 110x80 pixels in size. Animated avatars are prohibited. Violators will have the avatar deleted and/or have their right to use an avatar taken away.
10. Signatures must be no more than two lines, may not contain images of any type, use any colors other then the defaults, or contain any link to websites personal or otherwise. If you have a website/myspace, enter the link in the Website field in your profile. Violators will have their signature deleted and/or have their right to use a signature taken away.
11. You are entitled to only one account. Your user name may not be indecent or obscene. You may also not use the name of any business without permission from management or ownership of that business. The information provided to us when you register will not be sold or given to a third party without your consent. We use stopforumspam.com to filter registrations. If an IP address has been reported for any reason in the past, the associated address and user account will be banned and deleted. Disposable email addresses will also be banned and the associated accounts will be deleted. You must use an appropriate, authentic email account for registration.
12. If you feel another member has violated any of these rules, or a post is in the incorrect location, report it to a moderator. Moderators are the only members able to fix these errors and correct members, though feel free to offer help to others at any time.
Violation of the rules may result in warnings, temporary bans or permanent bans depending on the nature of violation.
Rules to live... errr post by. Learn 'em. Know 'em. Live 'em ..
1 post • Page 1 of 1