Re: Zhivago's Vintage Hotties - Roland BeeBaa

Droolworthy shots of killer vintage gear presented by forum member Zhivago
valley_parade
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by valley_parade » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:05 am

StevenO wrote: Oh damn, I was just researching these yesterday! Wata from Boris has been using one lately and that's sort of been helping the GAS for one of these a bit more.
Someday, someone NEEDS to get a definitive list of everything she uses. So far I only see this pedal, the Boss Super Feedbacker, that Les Paul, and about 9 feet of Orange.

StevenO
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by StevenO » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:49 am

valley_parade wrote:
StevenO wrote: Oh damn, I was just researching these yesterday! Wata from Boris has been using one lately and that's sort of been helping the GAS for one of these a bit more.
Someday, someone NEEDS to get a definitive list of everything she uses. So far I only see this pedal, the Boss Super Feedbacker, that Les Paul, and about 9 feet of Orange.
I'm a bit busy now, but I'll try and compile a list of what she's been using on the most recent tour. She doesn't even use a boss distortion feedbacker live (anymore?), just a regular Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal. She also has a Triangle Muff and a Tone-Bypass Big Muff, along with the Bee Baa, an MXR DynaComp, a SD Pickup Booster (I think she might have also used a MXR Micro Amp before...), and then an Boss RV-5 (I believe it's the 5, I'll check later), a Space Echo (I think she replaced it with the Boss RE-20 now, though), Ernie Ball volume pedal (might be a Roland one now...) and then the Les Paul Custom and the wall of ORANGE!

This is just off the top of my head at the moment so I'll update it later...

valley_parade
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by valley_parade » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:18 am

I take it you've seen them recently, lucky bastard. I'm hoping to make the December 5th show in Connecticut, but it's not looking too feasible.

TheodorJ

Post by TheodorJ » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:57 am

StevenO wrote:
valley_parade wrote:
I'm a bit busy now, but I'll try and compile a list of what she's been using on the most recent tour. She doesn't even use a boss distortion feedbacker live (anymore?), just a regular Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal. She also has a Triangle Muff and a Tone-Bypass Big Muff, along with the Bee Baa, an MXR DynaComp, a SD Pickup Booster (I think she might have also used a MXR Micro Amp before...), and then an Boss RV-5 (I believe it's the 5, I'll check later), a Space Echo (I think she replaced it with the Boss RE-20 now, though), Ernie Ball volume pedal (might be a Roland one now...) and then the Les Paul Custom and the wall of ORANGE!

This is what I know she uses, and has used in the past:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Custom. Don't know the year, but i think they tune down either a half or a full step.

Effects/pedals:
Behringer digital delay
Boss DS-1
Boss RV-2
Boss RE-20
Boss TU-12
Boss footswitch for Space Echo
Digitech JamMan
Dunlop Crybaby wahwah (looks modded)
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff (triangle)
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff (tone bypass with cool knobs)
Ernie Ball Volume pedal Jr
Korg DT-10
MXR DynaComp (script)
Roland RE-201
Roland BeeBa
Seymour-Duncan Pickup Booster
SIB Echodrive
Whirlwind A/B selector
Z. Vex Tremorama

Amps:
Orange OR-120
Orange OD-120
Orange AD-140HTC
Various Orange 4x12s

northern_dirt
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by northern_dirt » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:00 am

Saw Boris in TO a few months back.. walked in bought 6 cd's and walked out after 3 songs..
I listened to their set on the car ride home hahaa
'cleanest, best pleasure'

StevenO
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by StevenO » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:51 pm

TheodorJ wrote:
StevenO wrote:
valley_parade wrote: Someday, someone NEEDS to get a definitive list of everything she uses. So far I only see this pedal, the Boss Super Feedbacker, that Les Paul, and about 9 feet of Orange.

This is what I know she uses, and has used in the past:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Custom. Don't know the year, but i think they tune down either a half or a full step.

Effects/pedals:
Behringer digital delay
Boss DS-1
Boss RV-2
Boss RE-20
Boss TU-12
Boss footswitch for Space Echo
Digitech JamMan
Dunlop Crybaby wahwah (looks modded)
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff (triangle)
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff (tone bypass with cool knobs)
Ernie Ball Volume pedal Jr
Korg DT-10
MXR DynaComp (script)
Roland RE-201
Roland BeeBa
Seymour-Duncan Pickup Booster
SIB Echodrive
Whirlwind A/B selector
Z. Vex Tremorama

Amps:
Orange OR-120
Orange OD-120
Orange AD-140HTC
Various Orange 4x12s
Yep, :)

That sounds about right. I forgot a lot of stuff in my post! I had to go to the dentist so forgive me,  ;)