New cheap synth/keys day

All instruments that aren't guitars (or bass guitars).
s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

New cheap synth/keys day

Post by s_mcsleazy » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:12 am

so there is a kinda sketchy charity shop near my house. rarely they let you try anything to see if it works, i've had the staff be rude and due to it's location and the habit they like to over-price things. i figured i could go in and make an offer on this wee beast. i mostly wanted it because i heard the drum sounds on these units have that kinda roland drum sound. so. i offered £5 down from £15. they accepted the deal and now i have this wee thing.

the thing has a pretty sweet bass sound and the drums on it, while limiting, sound nice and thin.
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

borntohang
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: New cheap synth/keys day

Post by borntohang » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:31 am

I love those things. We used them for a bunch of drum machine tracks on our last album and I got quite fond of them. Between the ARP and the Bass Patterns I sequenced a few songs entirely on those and then the band played over them as a click; the difficulty was always getting the tempo just right with that tiny little dial.

s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by s_mcsleazy » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:03 pm

borntohang wrote:I love those things. We used them for a bunch of drum machine tracks on our last album and I got quite fond of them. Between the ARP and the Bass Patterns I sequenced a few songs entirely on those and then the band played over them as a click; the difficulty was always getting the tempo just right with that tiny little dial.
sounds interesting
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

dezb1
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by dezb1 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:35 am

This all sounds right up my street what synth was this - as the pics don't work no more?