Arturia Drum Brute

All instruments that aren't guitars (or bass guitars).
User avatar
rhythmjones
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 2641
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 4:18 pm
Location: Kansas City, Mo
Contact:

Arturia Drum Brute

Post by rhythmjones » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:14 am

New fully analog drum machine from Arturia. I love my MicroBrute, so this is pretty interesting. A nice, full set of features too.

https://www.arturia.com/drumbrute/overv ... ure1#video
- Mitch

User avatar
MechaBulletBill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 2350
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:16 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Arturia Drum Brute

Post by MechaBulletBill » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:06 am

It seems every time Korg or Roland do something people have been begging for (remaking ms20/303/909) Arturia come out with something better and more innovative at the same price.

I've never owned any Arturia hardware but this looks very interesting.

User avatar
lunaticjaguar
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Niagara Falls, ON
Contact:

Re: Arturia Drum Brute

Post by lunaticjaguar » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:16 am

well thats what i've been looking for at the price i wanted it for :-* :-* :-*

User avatar
crankheart
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:47 am
Location: Manchester, England.
Contact:

Re: Arturia Drum Brute

Post by crankheart » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:34 am

Would've loved a brute factor section and some CV connectivity on this considering the rest of the brute range, but it really does look incredible as is.

I think I need to start making some space in my set-up.

User avatar
fuzzking
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 10157
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:06 am
Contact:

Re: Arturia Drum Brute

Post by fuzzking » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:28 pm

Bass drum and snare sound like crap... concept is ace, though.
Jesus must be spinning in his grave.

User avatar
fuzzking
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 10157
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:06 am
Contact:

Re: Arturia Drum Brute

Post by fuzzking » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:04 pm

I kinda get the concept, but really, it's a trance machine. Snare and BD sound like Löve Parade at best. Looking for an update, .might be utterly excited for it., as the interface is fantastic
Jesus must be spinning in his grave.

User avatar
milanm
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:52 am

Re: Arturia Drum Brute

Post by milanm » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:35 am

Been seeing a few people saying they aren't keen on some of the voices. The demos I have watched have sounded good to my ears, YMMV as ever good/bad sound is such a subjective thing.

Personally I will be checking this out for sure, I have the Analog RYTM at the moment and love it..... but.....Must have more drum machines

User avatar
burpgun
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 583
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:15 am
Location: Brooklyn, NYC

Re: Arturia Drum Brute

Post by burpgun » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:22 pm

I got a Drum Brute about a month ago. It was a strange experience. Somehow a local shop was selling them for 20% off, so I had to take a shot, credit card debt be damned.

So far, I like it. It's quite large and is relatively easy to understand if you've mucked about with this style of beat box before. I'm still trying to figure out the memory and song functions, but I'm glad I have it. I also have a Volca Beat, which also sounds pretty good, is much less expensive and quite small. I've also got a Minibrute synth which is very cool, but a much deeper dive plagued with some technical problems I just can't seem to ever sort out. Arturia is quite an interesting company.

User avatar
SSquirrel
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 484
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:19 am

Re: Arturia Drum Brute

Post by SSquirrel » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:11 am

burpgun wrote:I got a Drum Brute about a month ago. It was a strange experience. Somehow a local shop was selling them for 20% off, so I had to take a shot, credit card debt be damned.

So far, I like it. It's quite large and is relatively easy to understand if you've mucked about with this style of beat box before. I'm still trying to figure out the memory and song functions, but I'm glad I have it. I also have a Volca Beat, which also sounds pretty good, is much less expensive and quite small. I've also got a Minibrute synth which is very cool, but a much deeper dive plagued with some technical problems I just can't seem to ever sort out. Arturia is quite an interesting company.
If you have problems w/the Minibrute, I'd recommend emailing Arturia. Also check out Gearslutz, lots of folks there have the Minibrute and may have experienced the same things.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... roduction/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
burpgun
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 583
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:15 am
Location: Brooklyn, NYC

Re: Arturia Drum Brute

Post by burpgun » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:25 am

SSquirrel wrote:
burpgun wrote:I got a Drum Brute about a month ago. It was a strange experience. Somehow a local shop was selling them for 20% off, so I had to take a shot, credit card debt be damned.

So far, I like it. It's quite large and is relatively easy to understand if you've mucked about with this style of beat box before. I'm still trying to figure out the memory and song functions, but I'm glad I have it. I also have a Volca Beat, which also sounds pretty good, is much less expensive and quite small. I've also got a Minibrute synth which is very cool, but a much deeper dive plagued with some technical problems I just can't seem to ever sort out. Arturia is quite an interesting company.
If you have problems w/the Minibrute, I'd recommend emailing Arturia. Also check out Gearslutz, lots of folks there have the Minibrute and may have experienced the same things.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... roduction/
With my Minibrute, I've never really been able to get the arp to stay in time with an external MIDI signal. I've tried USB, I've tried a traditional MIDI cable. I was in contact with Arturia over it and at first they told me new firmware was coming to fix the issue. Then the guy on the email realized he was talking about an update for another device. I gave up. It's a cool synth and I'm glad to have it, but it's got quirks, that's for sure.

User avatar
Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 9526
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:22 pm
Location: Stuck in the dimension of imagination

Re: Arturia Drum Brute

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:53 pm

Has anyone picked up or messed with a Drumbrute Impact? The original sounds cool (though I agree with some of the sentiments about the kick drum sounding a bit weak on the original), but something about the Impact draws me a little more.

Sonic State - Arturia Drumbrute Impact
Doctor Mix - Arturia Drumbrute Impact In Action
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

User avatar
greens
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:59 am

Re: Arturia Drum Brute

Post by greens » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:26 pm

fuzzking wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:04 pm
I kinda get the concept, but really, it's a trance machine. Snare and BD sound like Löve Parade at best. Looking for an update, .might be utterly excited for it., as the interface is fantastic
Agreed.

User avatar
StrangeIdols
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:19 am

Re: Arturia Drum Brute

Post by StrangeIdols » Sat May 09, 2020 4:29 am

Shadoweclipse13 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:53 pm
Has anyone picked up or messed with a Drumbrute Impact? The original sounds cool (though I agree with some of the sentiments about the kick drum sounding a bit weak on the original), but something about the Impact draws me a little more.

Sonic State - Arturia Drumbrute Impact
Doctor Mix - Arturia Drumbrute Impact In Action
I got one not long ago, i love it, there's some brilliant sounds, only pain is you can't motion sequence anything. The FM drum and 64 stage sequencer really cinched it for me over a volcabeats

User avatar
lunaticjaguar
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Niagara Falls, ON
Contact:

Re: Arturia Drum Brute

Post by lunaticjaguar » Sat May 09, 2020 7:04 am

I got the Impact right before my Corona layoff. I quite like it.

The sounds are limited but are really nice and fun. I cant get into the toms though. Its good for weird synthy noisy glitchy type drum machine sounds. I cant get enough of the FM feature. Its is the polar opposite of the Alesis sr16 with nice sampled realistic drum sounds.

Im still learning the workflow but i have been having alot of fun midisyncing it to my microbrute sequencer.

User avatar
burpgun
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 583
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:15 am
Location: Brooklyn, NYC

Re: Arturia Drum Brute

Post by burpgun » Sun May 10, 2020 6:47 am

lunaticjaguar wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 7:04 am
I got the Impact right before my Corona layoff. I quite like it.

The sounds are limited but are really nice and fun. I cant get into the toms though. Its good for weird synthy noisy glitchy type drum machine sounds. I cant get enough of the FM feature. Its is the polar opposite of the Alesis sr16 with nice sampled realistic drum sounds.

Im still learning the workflow but i have been having alot of fun midisyncing it to my microbrute sequencer.
Your mention of the SR16 brought me back to the HR16 I used to have a million years ago. The crazy thing about drum machines is that for $10 or less you can turn just about any iPad into a drum machine that will keep up with just about anything out there. I had a Drum Brute for a bit before flipping it. Had issues getting it to synchronize over MIDI and got tired of the fight. Still have and use a Mini Brute synth and it won’t synch either reliably so I pretty much do sequencing in the computer and use the synth as a sound module.

Post Reply