DVOD

All instruments that aren't guitars (or bass guitars).
ludobag1
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

DVOD

Post by ludobag1 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:47 pm

Delayed new vintage organ day
since lot of years i hope to find this puppys

a gem jumbo transistored (a big fuzz !)
last weeks as i look at for one there is fews on sale ,i miss fews as always :derp: particulary a red one complete with foot and pedal but i have catch this one cause it is near my home and the guy delivered it to 10 Km to my house cause of a disk and instrument sale on little village (the town of Perrier water )
then it was uncomplete miss the legs and the volume pedal, since i have i have done a complete caps job ,a big revision that i find 2 wires cut next to the solder ,big cleaning ,2 keys have spring trouble that need to be arranged ,and a sharp key need a regluing ,the vibrato was working but the course of the pot was silly i find it was a bad contact of the inert and i have a way to make it work correctly
as i was moving some furniture to make room for my drum set i find the legs of my ikea desk and at first they were good size and the thread seem to to works ,at first the thread was not long enough to catch the insert and i have plan to bring them at work to recut them a little ,and as always i forget :fp:
but the next day i found they mount if you put it straight on the insert and thighten them

tada i have legs for :w00t:
for the sound it is really more powerfull than my caravan ,the caravan full on volume is more or less this one on 1/4 volume pot
i find the sound better ,it growl really on the speaker ,the out plug for amp is low as i think need a preamp to attack an amp like my caravan (i have search a lot on my caravan to know it and the best point to connect the output jack was before the amp for speaker ,if you connect it after you have lot of noise put in the sound ,i think this one have the same wiring the out amp is connect before the speaker amp too ,then the little output is normal) as i have the preamp already made i know it work and i think to put in later as i can pick up the alim in the organ ,but i need to be sure it is not ground positive like old fuzz (i think du to SFT transistor in,they look like germanium one ) the later version were silicium and have black trans rather than metal can one like this one,will do later if needed to play in live but the mics on the hp is the best sound i think cause i growl more

as i surf on net ,i have find 4 differents version of it (2 colours also grey or red :-* :-* )
the first one miss the vibrato knob and have a volume pedale with jack the pot volume pedale
and depend on the time of release the germanium /silicium version in (metal can versus black transistor °°°°°°°°)
the second with vibrato speed knob one hp like mine with optical volum pedal
the third with vibrato knob with 2 hp in with optical volume pedal
last difference the panel with number only or with the note on too

°°°°°° one thing i have seen the knob to tighten the upper panel seems to be chrome when germanium and black when silicium transistor

Dok
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: DVOD

Post by Dok » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:39 am

Wow, that thing looks incredible! I'd love to hear one someday.
Local milk person

ludobag1
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ludobag1 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:55 pm

i am not a keyboard player but this thing(vintage organ)are cool cause you plug and play don t need to find sound edit patch ect......
for doors stuff the sound is good lot of demo on youtube,since i have i play it every day cause i want to learn to play it ,i stay maybe 4 years since i have plug my caravan and i regret but in these year i have buy other keyboard and don't have fun like this,i haved a hammond sk1 with a leslie but less fun for me ,a midi keyboard we emu processor ,vintagee key and and classic cool but less fun too as i am bad player and too complicated to set up ,with annalogue organ is more simple and i spend more time to play than find sound that i like ;)

JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JSett » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:36 pm

Nice!

I have a Gem organ in storage. It's an unusual 'Furniture' model with the classic Mid-Century teak thing going on. Cost me £60! Here's a picture of it from when I collected it:

It needs a small repair that I attempted to solve myself but failed. At some point I'll get it sorted.
Silly Rabbit, don't you know scooped mids are for kids?

ludobag1
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ludobag1 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:52 pm

Nice it is a deluxe one
same as mine but the outside is in wood
i see it have 2 hp could you mesure the ohm they were ? would like to know if it is the 2 same as single or 2 different then half ohm ?(i think they are only doubled from the single one)
what is your trouble i can surely help you i know these organ well (it is a full transitored or with ic for divider?)
first a complete recap of chimical cap is needed
i need some original foot and a volume pedale for mine i hope to find soon ;)