Misc Discussions: Updated rule and better enforcement

Get the latest OffsetGuitars.com news.
Telliot
Mods
Mods

Misc Discussions: Updated rule and better enforcement

Post by Telliot » Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:03 am

Hi everyone.

I'm sorry to have to bring this up again, but in light of recent events I wanted to post a response from the mod team in the hopes it will help calm things down.

Firstly, if you are not familiar with rules, please read them here. For everyone else, here is the new rule:
2. To avoid trolling Misc Discussions is not accessible to users with less than 50 posts. Post padding for the sole purpose of reaching 50 posts will not be tolerated and offending posts will be removed. Misc Discussions and our freedom to discuss nearly everything is a privilege and should be treated as such. Access to Misc Discussions will be revoked to users who repeatedly violate the rules. When appropriate, outright bans will be issued.
Additionally, the mod team will be putting an effort into being more vigilant in enforcing the rules, in general. Please understand we take no joy in handing out warnings or banning people. My hope is that with better, more consistent enforcement, we can help in keeping the peace and try to avoid the flareups we've witnessed lately. The mods are tired, frankly. We're counting on your help in keeping things civil and respectful.

Sincerely

Your friendly neighborhood Mod Squad.
The cool thing about fretless is you can hit a note...and then renegotiate.