(Its here--pics pg. 2) Incoming NGD - Most expensive, rare guitar in my collection! (so far)

Discussion of vintage Jazzmasters, Jaguars, Bass VIs, Electric XIIs and any other offset-waist instruments.
N0_Camping4U
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Incoming NGD - Most expensive, rare guitar in my collection! (so far)

Post by N0_Camping4U » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:34 am

Such a sick guitar. Glad everything worked out. And very sorry for your loss. I'm amazed that you NGD was guessed almost instantly by the forum!
"I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master."

DeathJag
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by DeathJag » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:48 am

So sorry about Luna but you were her superhero. You totally saved her. And she's so beautiful! Wow! A stunner. Cool guitar too...

copacetic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by copacetic » Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:47 pm

I wanna start by thanking everyone who took the time to write a reply to this thread and give condolences for Luna. Sharing the story of how we found each other and the happy memories we had here has served as a wonderful sort of "memorial service" for a one of a kind cat. I am still very much grieving the loss of my little buddy, but knowing that so many people know her story and have shared in this grief with me even a tiny bit is very cathartic and has helped me weather the storm. Thank you all for being the decent, kind band of misfits you are.

I'm a little late making the NGD post, as this actually arrived Thursday but I had tons of work to finish up this weekend as we're set for about 4-5 days of rainy, humid-as-balls weather starting tomorrow, meaning i had to get all the painting done i could before the bad weather rolled in. No time for NGD posts when youre sanding and painting like a madman!

But alas, i did manage to snap some purdy pics of her gleaming in the sunlight and she's even more glorious than i couldve anticipated!

Came with the original case which is in fantastic shape and wasnt mentioned or pictured anywhere in the listing, so i assumed it would be shipped with no case and was fine with that. So the plush orange-lined Victoria Case Co. case was a HUGE bonus/surprise when i unboxed it.
As I hoped, the green is far more evident in person, and the listing didnt do the best job of capturing it in the pics. It has faded on the top a bit, but still very much looks "wild" ;D

The neck is in fantastic shape, and has a good amount of flame going on in the maple, which again wasnt pictured or described in the listing--another bonus! Frets have barely been worn, nut is properly cut with no sitar-like buzzing or anything of the sort. Bridge is fantastic and stable, no buzzing to speak of. Vibrato is literally the best, most responsive vibrato i have ever played, even beating out my 66 mustang i keep strung with 9s (yes- 9s! Super slinky, ultra light-touch type of set up) It returns to perfect pitch every time and has even more travel than my mustang vibrato. Truly an underrated element of these guitars! Tuners feel brand new when turning - no clunk - but have the beautiful aged look to the pearloid buttons. Pickups are of course magnificent, being one of the main selling points of these guitars to most people.

All in all, I'm not exaggerating when I say its one of the coolest guitars ive ever seen and it plays, feels and sounds so "premium" at least compared to my other beat-up misfit vintage Fenders. Without the obvious patched holes/pickup rout, i would expect this to be among the best examples of a Wildwood Coronado out there, which makes it even crazier that i got it for the price I did! It will never replace my friend, but it will certainly inspire me to keep going and keep writing music despite the pain of missing her, which is good enough for now.

Feast your eyes
Owner/Operator - Feelgood Guitars

BoringPostcards
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: (Its here--pics pg. 2) Incoming NGD - Most expensive, rare guitar in my collection! (so far)

Post by BoringPostcards » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:13 pm

Looks amazing. I had an acoustic with the wildwood treatment. It was an Elvis Presley Kingman. I should have kept it. It sounded great and the neck was so comfortable.
Det er mig der holder traeerne sammen.

gishuk
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: (Its here--pics pg. 2) Incoming NGD - Most expensive, rare guitar in my collection! (so far)

Post by gishuk » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:05 pm

Super cool and the dyed wild part of the wood looks so much better in your photos than the sellers ones.

If it was mine I'd maybe even consider adding a 3rd vintage Coronado pickup in the middle over where the rout was before, although sometimes middle pickups feel kinda in the way so theres pros and cons to that. Awesome guitar though!

Fiddy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Fiddy » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:11 pm

Looks the business. Congrats.

efiug
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by efiug » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:25 pm

Interesting to hear the vibrato works so well, I've tried before looking for some gut shots of it to see how it works but I couldn't find anything that made it clear.

I really like the whole vibe that Coronados have and this is an awesome example for sure.

MattK
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MattK » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:30 pm

Best possible outcome! I bet a good painter could conceal the edges of the plugged cutout a little better too, if you like.

JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JSett » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:01 pm

As a fellow Coronado owner (I don't think there's actually many of us on here) I approve of this message.

I'm jealous of your tuners
Silly Rabbit, don't you know scooped mids are for kids?

Fiddy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Fiddy » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:03 pm

3rd pickup or refin.. Either should be cool.

Pacafeliz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pacafeliz » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:17 am

So hot, congratulations!

Oh and smoker's teeth Grovers ffs!!! :w00t:
i love delay SO much ...that i procrastinate all the time.

welshywelsh
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by welshywelsh » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:21 am

Wow, that's a stunning guitar, definitely a worthy addition to your amazing collection.

Was really sorry to read about Luna, hope you're doing a little better each day, the Coronado is certainly a fitting tribute.

sal paradise
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sal paradise » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:45 am

They sure are odd guitars. But that makes it even cooler. Perfect legacy for a loved one.
I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion?

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:32 am

I absolutely love all the metalwear on these guitars!! Those pearl tuners are the bollocks!!

I've always kinda lusted after these guitars, ever since I saw a pro-shoot of a load of Wildwood guitars in an elevator, I think??!
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

caples
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by caples » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:24 pm

That looks awesome! I want a Coronado but hollow-bodies kind of scare me, I'm always afraid of them braking.
1969 Comp Blue Mustang, 1965 Natural Jaguar