NGD 1960/8 Jazzmaster

Discussion of vintage Jazzmasters, Jaguars, Bass VIs, Electric XIIs and any other offset-waist instruments.
Lo-Fi
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: NGD 1960/8 Jazzmaster

Post by Lo-Fi » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:30 pm

Retro wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:49 am
Stunning!
I agree with OffYourFace, als the brass shielding is a part of a 50’s JM.
Further the trem has no pat. Number indicates that also and fir what i can see the high thimbles.
Love to see more pics.

Does it sound good as well?

-Retro-
Sorry for mega-slow reply. I need to strip it down to take more pics. Lazar, who sold me the guitar, sent me tons but I’d need to get his permission to share them.

It sounds amazing. Surprisingly dark and very different to my old AVRI and my MIJ with Antiquity I pickups. It also has pretty decent sustain for a Jazzmaster.

The wiring is unusual. Even with the rhythm circuit activated the pickup selector works. It’s definitely darker than on what would be the lead circuit but it’s definitely not functioning like a rhythm circuit. I’ve no idea what the wiring mod is but it works for me as it gives me a fuller tone, but also the ability to do ripping pick scrapes like a total dork using the bridge pickup!

Veitchy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: NGD 1960/8 Jazzmaster

Post by Veitchy » Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:54 pm

Not only does it look great, but it looks like it's got a bit of a story with the early bod and the wiring mod. Great guitar.