So, I bought that Firebird-equipped Mustang on Reverb

Discussion of vintage Jazzmasters, Jaguars, Bass VIs, Electric XIIs and any other offset-waist instruments.
JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: So, I bought that Firebird-equipped Mustang on Reverb

Post by JSett » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:20 am

Maggieo wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:50 am
WOW!!! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Congrats and welcome to the '64 Mustang club!!!!

Only just! :D hahahaha
Silly Rabbit, don't you know scooped mids are for kids?

algeriet
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by algeriet » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:01 am

I swear that this guitar will sound incredible.

rbrcbr
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by rbrcbr » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:54 pm

Damn, yeah I completely forgot about that one. Saw it when it was first listed. Suuuuper cool one you got there, excited to get your first impressions! That's one of my favorite shops here in NYC, they've always been courteous and welcoming to me but that whole thing with the IBM jag they bought off an OSGer bummed me out so bad. Their prices have only gotten higher and higher, but I guess that's just the vintage market right now. Either way, I hope you enjoy this one for a long time. This is reminding me to put together a jag with firebird pickups sometime.

JVG
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JVG » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:27 pm

Nice, although the slightly off-kilter neck pickup fucks with me a bit!

Those SD firebird antiquities are awesome pickups - i have a set in a Jag. Really nice treble response and pronounced upper midrange, but yeah they do get microphonic if the gain goes up.

JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JSett » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:56 pm

rbrcbr wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:54 pm
Damn, yeah I completely forgot about that one. Saw it when it was first listed. Suuuuper cool one you got there, excited to get your first impressions! That's one of my favorite shops here in NYC, they've always been courteous and welcoming to me but that whole thing with the IBM jag they bought off an OSGer bummed me out so bad. Their prices have only gotten higher and higher, but I guess that's just the vintage market right now. Either way, I hope you enjoy this one for a long time. This is reminding me to put together a jag with firebird pickups sometime.
I was unaware of the Southside thing (I just looked it up, definitely a bit of a bummer, but I guess that's the free market for you - good ol' fashioned capitalism!)

At the moment, thanks to the dumb CITES regulations, I'm having to jump through the various hoops to get permission to get it here. If it wasn't for Coronavirus I'd probably hop on a plane and go collect it! I have to wait for them to get an export permit, then apply for an import permit, then (if they even ALLOW me a permit - because they can refuse apparently!) get Southside to include both with the shipment to stop it getting seized by customs and destroyed.

If it all goes well, I expect I won't see this guitar for about a month :fp: Fingers crossed it'll be worth it
Silly Rabbit, don't you know scooped mids are for kids?

Loobster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Loobster » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:38 am

How does those pups sound?