Incoming 1962 Jazzmaster but a lot of questions

Discussion of vintage Jazzmasters, Jaguars, Bass VIs, Electric XIIs and any other offset-waist instruments.
JVSeller
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Incoming 1962 Jazzmaster but a lot of questions

Post by JVSeller » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:12 am

Still need to do the resistance test. If the numbers look good I don't think I'm going to open her back up. I'd say with what I am pretty sure is the pot date of 17th week of 62 and all the original tape in place with all the wiring in the right place I'm pretty satisfied everything is original. If I need to open her back up if the resistance is way off then I'll remove the solder of the grounds to be able to get a good view.

Thanks for the pic tip. I'll definitely use it in the future.

I don't see any color other than the red and the current natural finish, and as you can see in the pictures there are a lot of areas where the natural is right up next to the red, so if the red wasn't original then I don't think there's any way to tell because there's nothing between the red and natural even under the pickguard.

Edit, or is there. Now that I look at the pictures closer it looks like mabe in some areas there's some white? What do you think, maybe white under the red?

JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Incoming 1962 Jazzmaster but a lot of questions

Post by JSett » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:20 am

JVSeller wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:12 am
Edit, or is there. Now that I look at the pictures closer it looks like mabe in some areas there's some white? What do you think, maybe white under the red?
Undercoat/primer
Silly Rabbit, don't you know scooped mids are for kids?