Time For A Game Of: What Is It Really Worth?

Discussion of vintage Jazzmasters, Jaguars, Bass VIs, Electric XIIs and any other offset-waist instruments.
debian
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Time For A Game Of: What Is It Really Worth?

Post by debian » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:16 am

Highnumbers wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:05 am
debian wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:01 am

You're missing the point. It's a bad look on the community here when you belittle someone that rarely even posts. Is that the kind of welcome/welcome back someone should expect here? Also, you subsequently went on to personally attack me, so there's that.

That's interesting about Reverb, but somehow I don't think it's only really been up for a month or something.
Please, save it. Your emotional fragility doesn't speak for the entire community. That's a bad look.

Instead of focusing on the discussion, you're focusing on your overreaction to a non-offensive statement. I'm done taking the bait on this. Like I've said three times now, move on.
Expecting respect = emotional fragility...got it.

Highnumbers
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Highnumbers » Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:02 am

Respect is earned, not expected.

debian
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by debian » Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:51 am

Yeah? Well the next time you make a new acquaintance in real life, be sure one of the first things you tell them is that they have their head buried in the sand when they say something that's super obvious to you, and let us know how it goes.

PapaB
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PapaB » Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:17 pm

Sad to see bullying happening here, and shaming with phrases like "emotional fragility"??? Really?
BTW, respect is expected of decent, kind folk. Do unto others, ... right?

debian
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by debian » Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:25 pm

PapaB wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:17 pm
Sad to see bullying happening here, and shaming with phrases like "emotional fragility"??? Really?
Right? Try running a retail store with this "benign" attitude and see if you get any customers. I get it if you're chums and ribbing each other, but with someone you don't know it is disrespectful.

Highnumbers
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Highnumbers » Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:43 pm

PapaB wrote:
You really need to re-read from the beginning if you think my initial comment is in any way "bullying." that's absurd.

And yes, emotional fragility is the most appropriate description for three pages of sobbing about a minor comment that had no ill intent. It's a complete overreaction. I'm not responsible for somebody misinterpreting a comment, period.

May I say, for the fourth (?) time, move on. I've been done with this discussion since page one.

Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Embenny » Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:10 pm

Highnumbers wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:43 pm
May I say, for the fourth (?) time, move on. I've been done with this discussion since page one.
I'm not taking sides here, because miscommunication typically involves two sides and happens more easily online than in person, due to the absence of eye contact and tone of voice, but your advice to move on is excellent, and if you don't feel it's being heeded, then sometimes it helps to lead by example.
The artist formerly known as mbene085.

debian
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by debian » Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:41 pm

Highnumbers wrote:
PapaB wrote:
You really need to re-read from the beginning if you think my initial comment is in any way "bullying." that's absurd.

And yes, emotional fragility is the most appropriate description for three pages of sobbing about a minor comment that had no ill intent. It's a complete overreaction. I'm not responsible for somebody misinterpreting a comment, period.

So many of your comments are bullying. Name calling, weird controlling-type posts.

It's less sobbing, and more calling for respect. When will you understand that it doesn't matter if you don't think what you said was condescending? Why would you? It wasn't belittling you, so of course you don't see a problem. If you just made a mistake with how you put it, it would've been okay if you had indicated that's what it was. But since you keep digging your heels in further, it lends credence that you knew you were being condescending about it for no good reason.

It would've been super easy to just say you could've worded it better, or even dare I say apologize and this would've been over a long time ago. Instead, you post page after page about how there was no ill will, but find the need to defend yourself. Guilty much? It was such a minor comment that you feel the need to defend it forever, right? It's post after post about you wanting me to move on, followed by...you not moving on.
Last edited by debian on Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by marqueemoon » Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:10 pm

I’m getting to dislike these threads. The guitar is worth whatever the market will bear. This price is nothing to Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, etc…

It isn’t worth it to me, but it’s also a sizable part of my income and I have other priorities.

I don’t need a 1962 slab board JM to make music. Nobody else does either. It’s collector’s item that has some utility. There are a zillion examples of this. Playing a vintage guitar is like cooking with an antique cast iron pan. You’re not going to devalue it by using it as intended, but there are plenty of cheaper options that are functionally the same.

marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by marqueemoon » Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:15 pm

Also, why the hell are people beefing in this thread about the pricing of a guitar that none of us are buying?

Capitalism is truly baffling sometimes.

debian
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by debian » Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:19 pm

marqueemoon wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:10 pm
I’m getting to dislike these threads. The guitar is worth whatever the market will bear. This price is nothing to Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, etc…

It isn’t worth it to me, but it’s also a sizable part of my income and I have other priorities.

I don’t need a 1962 slab board JM to make music. Nobody else does either. It’s collector’s item that has some utility. There are a zillion examples of this. Playing a vintage guitar is like cooking with an antique cast iron pan. You’re not going to devalue it by using it as intended, but there are plenty of cheaper options that are functionally the same.
The vintage tone really comes through on all of our large pedalboards though! :)

Highnumbers
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Highnumbers » Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:22 pm

Nope Debian, I worded it just fine and stand behind every single word. How you choose to interpret that is your responsibility.
Embenny wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:10 pm
Highnumbers wrote:
I'm not taking sides here, because miscommunication typically involves two sides and happens more easily online than in person, due to the absence of eye contact and tone of voice, but your advice to move on is excellent, and if you don't feel it's being heeded, then sometimes it helps to lead by example.

Thanks for the clarity, and agreed. I’ve said my piece on this matter, there is really no point continuing to repeat myself.

Peace!