VOX Ultrasonic Pickguard Template

Bringing your older offset back to life.
RobDux
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: VOX Ultrasonic Pickguard Template

Post by RobDux » Sat May 14, 2022 12:41 pm

PorkyPrimeCut wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 8:34 am
....and good to see a fellow Leeds lad on't forum ;)
Aye, Leeds born and raised. Didn't know you were from this neck o' t'woods, Leipzig's not a part of Leeds I'm familiar with :D Whereabouts are you from?
blackradar wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 10:59 am
Alright. Do you think one sheet is enough to get 2 out of it? Or would I need 2? One for each?

Thanks!
Can't help on that front unfortunately, I've no experience of Ultrasonics but at 200 x 300 you might get everything out of 1 by the looks of it... if it were me I'd probably get 2 to make sure as well as give myself room to muck one up first.

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Sat May 14, 2022 1:52 pm

RobDux wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 12:41 pm
Aye, Leeds born and raised. Didn't know you were from this neck o' t'woods, Leipzig's not a part of Leeds I'm familiar with :D Whereabouts are you from?
Born in Harrogate, raised in Chapel Allerton & Moortown. I moved down south when I went to college in '95. Back then, for a number of reasons, it felt like a lucky escape. Nowadays I wish I could get back more often.

Leipzig's a similar size & even greener but everybody speaks German.
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

RobDux
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by RobDux » Sat May 14, 2022 2:33 pm

PorkyPrimeCut wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 1:52 pm
Born in Harrogate, raised in Chapel Allerton & Moortown. I moved down south when I went to college in '95. Back then, for a number of reasons, it felt like a lucky escape. Nowadays I wish I could get back more often.

I was only born in '93 so no idea what it was like in the 80's but sounds like you grew up in the nice (nicer?) bits, at least from my point of view growing up on the Killingbeck/Seacroft border. Sampling the finer things by renting in Oakwood at the moment though and ignoring the fact that me and my other half are all but priced out of Leeds.

I'd love to see more of Germany so who knows, one day Leipzig might end up being one of the places I get to see. Cologne, Berlin and the south west corner toward the Austrian border have been ticked off the list so far and loved every bit of it.

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Sat May 14, 2022 10:38 pm

RobDux wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 2:33 pm
PorkyPrimeCut wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 1:52 pm

I was only born in '93 so no idea what it was like in the 80's but sounds like you grew up in the nice (nicer?) bits, at least from my point of view growing up on the Killingbeck/Seacroft border. Sampling the finer things by renting in Oakwood at the moment though and ignoring the fact that me and my other half are all but priced out of Leeds.

I'd love to see more of Germany so who knows, one day Leipzig might end up being one of the places I get to see. Cologne, Berlin and the south west corner toward the Austrian border have been ticked off the list so far and loved every bit of it.
My grandad was deputy head of a high school in Seacroft :)

Chapel Allerton has changed massively over the years. When I was a teenager there was fuck all to do there, now it's full of trendy bars & the rent has skyrocketed!!

Oakwood's really nice. I lived off Lidgett Lane for a few years, pretty close to Oakwood, and loved it. Having Roundhay Park on your doorstep is fantastic!!
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

RobDux
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by RobDux » Sun May 15, 2022 4:11 am

PorkyPrimeCut wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 10:38 pm

Chapel Allerton has changed massively over the years. When I was a teenager there was fuck all to do there, now it's full of trendy bars & the rent has skyrocketed!!

Oakwood's really nice. I lived off Lidgett Lane for a few years, pretty close to Oakwood, and loved it. Having Roundhay Park on your doorstep is fantastic!!
We've got Roundhay Park directly across the road from us which more than makes up for not having a private garden. It's all got very fancy round here now though.... apart from Harehills which hasn't really changed.

blackradar
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by blackradar » Sun May 15, 2022 10:09 am

RobDux wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 4:11 am
PorkyPrimeCut wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 10:38 pm

We've got Roundhay Park directly across the road from us which more than makes up for not having a private garden. It's all got very fancy round here now though.... apart from Harehills which hasn't really changed.
;D

ryanmooreryan
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by ryanmooreryan » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:40 am

Hey there, any chance you still have that pickguard template? I just picked up a Vox Viper without a guard. I sourced some great material but need the stencil. Many thanks!

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:10 am

ryanmooreryan wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:40 am
Hey there, any chance you still have that pickguard template? I just picked up a Vox Viper without a guard. I sourced some great material but need the stencil. Many thanks!
Sure, PM me your email address and I'll send it over.

I'd love to see the material you got hold of too, if you can be bothered posting a picture.

ryanmooreryan
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by ryanmooreryan » Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:40 am

I appreciate that! Just ordered the material. Here's a link to it. https://www.ebay.com/itm/324521704954

Next I need to try to find some kind of bracket for it.. Rhoads music has one for 150.. I'm trying to find something a bit more affordable.

PM on its way.

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:18 am

Hmmm, pity it doesn't say if it's translucent or not.

The bracket's gonna be tough to source. DO NOT give Rhoades Music any of your money, unless you're absolutely loaded & it's not an issue. They're asking far too much for tiny parts.
You could maybe get away with the generic pickguard brackets available online. Just make sure you use the correct size screw when you attach it to the body. It'll look a bit weird but it'll probably do the job fine.

(PM replied)

ryanmooreryan
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by ryanmooreryan » Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:52 am

Thanks so much man.

Yeah he was asking 300 for a bridge as well.. crazy money.

I ended up sourcing a vintage Teisco roller bridge that had a very similar look. Ill post some pics once I get this thing up and running.

Found the Viper recently on a local facebook marketplace, non original bridge, tuners and no pickguard.

I need to find some tuners too. It has Shalers now which I don't love, but they work.

Pacafeliz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pacafeliz » Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:00 pm

Dude old Schaller tuners (I do, vintage-correct of course, prefer the Made in W Germany ones) are the best you can get for ANY guitar!

PS: need a pickguard for mine too, still
i love delay SO much ...that i procrastinate all the time.

ryanmooreryan
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by ryanmooreryan » Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:01 am

Hey thanks for the tip! I checked and these are W Germany made.