Troubleshooting an amp? Read this before you post your ques

A sub forum for our most useful repair, maintenence & upgrade threads.
shabba bukes
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Troubleshooting an amp? Read this before you post your question!

Post by shabba bukes » Mon May 25, 2009 1:10 am

My jcm800 seems to have shit itself!!

Will give this guide a whirl and see what happens! Not to bad at soldering and can read a schematic....so if changing a few tubes doesnt work, i might open it up and have a look around. Just try not to do too much damage heh. And i am an electrician, so i know all about electrical safety

noirengineer
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Troubleshooting an amp? Read this before you post your ques

Post by noirengineer » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:29 am

Jay wrote:The local electronics shop I use for the occasional need it quick part has a giant tube tester in the store that you can use still.  Pretty cool...  I also used to have an old Elenco (?) unit I bought at a Goodwill but I don't know what happened to it.  :(  Of course not being able to match tubes makes them sort of pointless to a degree but you can sort out bad tubes with them I guess.  In any case, they're cool looking things that's for sure.

does anyone know of a similar place in NJ or NY that offer this kind of service (tube tester, etc.)

blueavenger
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by blueavenger » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:00 am

noirengineer wrote:
Jay wrote:The local electronics shop I use for the occasional need it quick part has a giant tube tester in the store that you can use still.  Pretty cool...  I also used to have an old Elenco (?) unit I bought at a Goodwill but I don't know what happened to it.  :(  Of course not being able to match tubes makes them sort of pointless to a degree but you can sort out bad tubes with them I guess.  In any case, they're cool looking things that's for sure.

does anyone know of a similar place in NJ or NY that offer this kind of service (tube tester, etc.)
I hate to say "When I was a kid!" But when I was a kid, the local drug store had one in it... And they sold some tubes! It's like, I don't know, people don't have tube driven electronics anymore or something!

skip
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by skip » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:21 am

pm'd you brad- got an issue
I'm glad there are a lot of guitar players pursuing technique as diligently as they possibly can, it leaves this whole other area open to people like me.
2009 Offset Guitars Fantasy Football Champion!!!!!!!!

Pacafeliz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Troubleshooting an amp? Read this before you post your

Post by Pacafeliz » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:36 am

cool!

i'm gonna go after a tremolux head that keeps blowing fuses. sure hope it's an easy fix!

THANKS OSG!!!
i love delay SO much ...that i procrastinate all the time.