My amp losses volume after biasing

A sub forum for our most useful repair, maintenence & upgrade threads.
dexter
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

My amp losses volume after biasing

Post by dexter » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:16 pm

Hey guys I'm having problem with my amp., I've changed tube on my amp, then after that I biased it to make it hotter (about 75 mV) before it was 64mV..it was fine and sound good after a couple of days..then I stop playing it for about a week or so because of the holidays(went out of town)...when i plugged it today it suddenly have this loud hiss and has a very low volume..can you help me find the culprit..I'm thinking the tube, but its relatively new..tomorrow i will put electrical contact cleaner and see if it change anything..hoping for some advice..TIA:)

dexter
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: My amp losses volume after biasing

Post by dexter » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:20 pm

dexter wrote:Hey guys I'm having problem with my amp., I've changed tube on my amp, then after that I biased it to make it hotter (about 75 mV, recommended by eurotubes, they actually recmmend 70-90mV) before my amp was 64mV..it was fine and sound good after a couple of days..then I stop playing it for about a week or so because of the holidays(went out of town)...when i plugged it today it suddenly have this loud hiss and has a very low volume..can you help me find the culprit..I'm thinking the tube, but its relatively new..tomorrow i will put electrical contact cleaner and see if it change anything..hoping for some advice..TIA:)