Please make 'Misc. Discussions' invitation only

For troubles with forum features or general questions regarding site moderation/administration.
slavemaster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Please make 'Misc. Discussions' invitation only

Post by slavemaster » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:41 am

Thanks. Quite some time had passed since I joined - I forgot how it all went.
We got people playing stringed instruments! It's the end of days.

Jay
Admin
Admin

Post by Jay » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:54 am

slavemaster wrote:Thanks. Quite some time had passed since I joined - I forgot how it all went.
We hit you in the head pretty hard during the elaborate hazing ritual no member has yet managed to remember. So that would probably explain the forgetting.

slavemaster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by slavemaster » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:56 am

Jay wrote:
slavemaster wrote:Thanks. Quite some time had passed since I joined - I forgot how it all went.
We hit you in the head pretty hard during the elaborate hazing ritual no member has yet managed to remember. So that would probably explain the forgetting.
Good. I thought I got roofied :freako:
We got people playing stringed instruments! It's the end of days.

Ex Lion Tamer
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Ex Lion Tamer » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:19 pm

Gawd, you guys are such wimps (I mean it in the nicest possible way). Back when I was in grad school and had way too much time on my hands, I used to participate in an internet forum dedicated to science and skepticism. Of course, the internets being what the internets are, the place attracted all kinds of crackpots, racists, conspiracy theorists and other assorted fanatics, a real magnet for idiots. And that forum was lightly moderated. Nevertheless, posting there was fun, the best education in human stupidity one can have without getting seriously hurt!

Man, I tell ya, you had to grow a thick hide to last in there. In a way, it spoiled me: I got so used to posting in a no holds barred, savage, blunt style that it later caused me problems when I tried to participate in more mild mannered forums (like OSG).

saxjag
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by saxjag » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:06 pm

Wimps? Naaah. Sparring intellectually with a smart, well-informed opponent can be one of life's great pleasures, while trading barbs with a dogmatic bigot is always a friggin' waste of time.

Would you rather take your blind date to that cool new izakaya where the food is astonishing? or to a cockroachy bar where every game of pool ends in a fight? Life's too short for shit.

BTW, if anybody disagrees with me about this, fuck them and their uncle.

saxjag
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by saxjag » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:13 pm

However, it would be hilarious if it turned out that b********r was some beloved OSGer in disguise, taking the piss out of everybody on the forum.

No, it's not me. I don't have enough brain cells to come up with a scheme like that.