Time off by an hour

For troubles with forum features or general questions regarding site moderation/administration.
InLimbo
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Time off by an hour

Post by InLimbo » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:37 pm

I've noticed this across my phone, PC, and work terminal that the times listed on posts, don't accurately reflect the right time. For me, I'm on Eastern Standard Time, and the posts are showing an hour in the future. For example, it says it is 4:37PM on OSG right now, but in reality, it's 3:37PM.

It's actually been like this for a while, and I thought it was just a setting in my preferences that I hadn't changed and was too lazy to check. However, I checked today, and everything seems right on my end. Not sure where the server is located, so it might have something to do with Daylight Savings Time (not sure if eveyone takes part in this - rolling your clocks forward in Spring and rolling them back in Autumn).

It's really not that big of a deal, but was curious if anyone else noticed this, or if it was something weird on my end.

Jay
Admin
Admin

Re: Time off by an hour

Post by Jay » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:22 pm

I think our server is in Texas but I'm not entirely sure. Do you have the DST box ticked yes? It should be NO right now.

InLimbo
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Time off by an hour

Post by InLimbo » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:05 pm

That was it!

I misread the option as "select if your time zone if it participates in DST".

Thanks, man.