proposed new Pickguard FAQ section

For troubles with forum features or general questions regarding site moderation/administration.
Stratelejazzuar
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

proposed new Pickguard FAQ section

Post by Stratelejazzuar » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:13 am

c'mon, we gotta have this. something that's always up there with bridge and pickup FAQ.

it'd eliminate a lot of clutter and repetition.

i know there was a gold guard FAQ, but this new one would be an overall guard FAQ, indicating major differences between MIJ/CIJ guards, allparts repros, warmoth non-fitting guards, AVRI, etc...

8)

mezcalhead
Admin
Admin

Re: proposed new Pickguard FAQ section

Post by mezcalhead » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:55 am

Sounds good .. you start writing it, I'll sticky it and then people can add whatever stuff they think of ..

:)
Distance-crunching honcho with echo unit.

RumorsOFsurF
Mods
Mods

Post by RumorsOFsurF » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:01 am

Good idea!  Maybe side by side pics of AVRI/Vintage/CIJ Jazzmaster 'guards,  suppliers for both....Don't forget Jags, too!
Damn kids, get off my lawn!

RumorsOFsurF
Mods
Mods

Post by RumorsOFsurF » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:03 am

I was thinking that an offset "wiki" would be sort of cool.  SS.org has(had?) a "Shortscale Wiki" that I thought was a pretty cool idea.  It would be good to have a searchable guide to offset info.
Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Stratelejazzuar
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Stratelejazzuar » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:27 pm

mezcalhead wrote: Sounds good .. you start writing it, I'll sticky it and then people can add whatever stuff they think of ..

d'oh...  ::)

i'm not really among the ranks of the pickguard masters on the forum.  :-[

i was just getting sick of seeing the "will any jag/jazz pickguard fit my japanese reissue" threads, lol

and it seems that there are lots of people that have tried and compared these things, myself not being one of them, so i figured it'd be a good idea to gather this knowledge for the benefit of all, ya know?

heh, i feel all guilty now... like i can't walk the walk, lol  :D

i'll see what i can compose, though, i guess. it may take a while, tho... 'guess i'll have a chance to use that degree in professional writing i got at university, haha! :P

Pingu
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pingu » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:13 pm

RumorsOFsurF wrote: I was thinking that an offset "wiki" would be sort of cool.  SS.org has(had?) a "Shortscale Wiki" that I thought was a pretty cool idea.  It would be good to have a searchable guide to offset info.
+1
"Anything that doesn't take years of your life and drive you to suicide hardly seems worth doing." - Cormac McCarthy