There's going to be an American Vintage 2 series apparently.

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
GreenKnee
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: There's going to be an American Vintage 2 series apparently.

Post by GreenKnee » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:25 pm

johnnysomersett wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:32 pm
I'm not sure they're going to do a Jaguar at all with this run... after looking at all the leak links, and reading that guys promotional stuff & copy he's written for the release, there is a gaping hole where the photos of the models are all lined up and no mention at all of anything Jaguar related. Sure, historically, Fender have always done a Jag alongside the JM but they are in the midst of a big layoff and scaling back of their MIA ranges so it seems not unbelievable that they would leave out the worst selling model of the bunch.

Strats and Teles will always rule the roost at Fender, and we know JM's are currently flavour of the month a little too, no Jag is actually not that much of a surprise now I've thought about it.
Yup I agree, I don't think they'll add one to the line at a later date. It was hoped they'd do this with the AmPro2 but here we are over a year later with no Jag.

So this means there is no USA production Jaguar anymore. Sad times.

Montyn
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Montyn » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:37 pm

Link that was posted shows vintage tall frets on the 1957 Stratocaster. I don't think I've ever played vintage tall frets. The old AV65 specs just say vintage style frets. Anyone know the difference? I just know I have a guitar with narrow tall frets and I don't like it

JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JSett » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:54 pm

Don't fret (lol) about narrow tall frets...I keep repeating this - you can have them dressed down to vintage height in one setup session. Sand down, recrown, job done
Silly Rabbit, don't you know scooped mids are for kids?

Veitchy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Veitchy » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:58 pm

johnnysomersett wrote:
I'm not sure they're going to do a Jaguar at all with this run... after looking at all the leak links, and reading that guys promotional stuff & copy he's written for the release, there is a gaping hole where the photos of the models are all lined up and no mention at all of anything Jaguar related.
To be fair there's also no 60s Tele in that guy's advertising copy and I'd be very surprised to se an AV line without a rosewood board early 60s Tele.

Montyn
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Montyn » Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:08 am

johnnysomersett wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:54 pm
Don't fret (lol) about narrow tall frets...I keep repeating this - you can have them dressed down to vintage height in one setup session. Sand down, recrown, job done
Thank you and don't fret cracked me up

JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JSett » Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:41 am

Veitchy wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:58 pm
johnnysomersett wrote:
I'm not sure they're going to do a Jaguar at all with this run... after looking at all the leak links, and reading that guys promotional stuff & copy he's written for the release, there is a gaping hole where the photos of the models are all lined up and no mention at all of anything Jaguar related.
To be fair there's also no 60s Tele in that guy's advertising copy and I'd be very surprised to se an AV line without a rosewood board early 60s Tele.
There is a full list already been scrambled from an online retailer that includes a 60s Tele...
Zeus wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:08 pm
Sorry for the multiple posts, but I think I've found a pretty comprehensive list at an Italian retailer:

- 1951 Telecaster w/ maple board (butterscotch blonde)
- 1957 Stratocaster w/ maple board (2-colour sunburst, vintage blonde, seafoam green)
- 1961 Stratocaster w/ rosewood board (3-colour sunburst, fiesta red, olympic white)
- 1963 Telecatser w/ rosewood board (3-colour sunburst, surf green, crimson red transparent)
- 1966 Jazzmaster w/ rosewood board, blocks and binding (3-colour sunburst, dakota red, lake placid blue)
- 1972 Telecaster Thinline w/ maple board (3-colour sunburst, aged natural, lake placid blue)
- 1973 Stratocaster w/ maple board (lake placid blue, mocha), w/ rosewood board (aged natural)
- 1975 Telecaster Deluxe w/ maple board (3-colour sunburst, mocha, black
- 1977 Telecaster Custom w/ maple board (wine red, black) , w/ rosewood board (olympic white)

- 1954 P Bass w/ maple board (2-colour sunburst, vintage blonde)
- 1960 P Bass w/ rosewood board (daphne blue, black)
- 1966 Jazz Bass w/ matching headstock, blocks and dots (3-colour sunburst, olympic white, seafoam green)

That's a lot of new models!

Zeus
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Zeus » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:12 am

Australian listing for the Dakota Red JM: https://www.vivacemusic.com.au/shop/gui ... akota-red/

Price is eye-watering!

They also have the mocha 70s Strat listed but nothing else yet.

According to TDPRI, the official announcement isn't coming until Tuesday next week.

Futuron
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Futuron » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:38 am

GreenKnee wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:25 pm
No Performer, no Professional, no Ultra*, no Vintage... just the Johnny Marr signature.
And the Mexico models are rarer in the wild than hens teeth.

Too bad, it's the coolest guitar Fender has but they just don't want to sell any.

(*Ultra Luxe is long scale, and doesn't count.)

Zeus
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Zeus » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:42 am

johnnysomersett wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:41 am
Veitchy wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:58 pm
johnnysomersett wrote:
There is a full list already been scrambled from an online retailer that includes a 60s Tele...
Euro listing for the '63 surf green Tele: https://www.klangfarbe.com/Shop/Artikel ... grw_K.html

Veitchy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Veitchy » Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:01 am

johnnysomersett wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:41 am
Zeus wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:08 pm
Sorry for the multiple posts, but I think I've found a pretty comprehensive list at an Italian retailer:

- 1951 Telecaster w/ maple board (butterscotch blonde)
- 1957 Stratocaster w/ maple board (2-colour sunburst, vintage blonde, seafoam green)
- 1961 Stratocaster w/ rosewood board (3-colour sunburst, fiesta red, olympic white)
- 1963 Telecatser w/ rosewood board (3-colour sunburst, surf green, crimson red transparent)
- 1966 Jazzmaster w/ rosewood board, blocks and binding (3-colour sunburst, dakota red, lake placid blue)
- 1972 Telecaster Thinline w/ maple board (3-colour sunburst, aged natural, lake placid blue)
- 1973 Stratocaster w/ maple board (lake placid blue, mocha), w/ rosewood board (aged natural)
- 1975 Telecaster Deluxe w/ maple board (3-colour sunburst, mocha, black
- 1977 Telecaster Custom w/ maple board (wine red, black) , w/ rosewood board (olympic white)

- 1954 P Bass w/ maple board (2-colour sunburst, vintage blonde)
- 1960 P Bass w/ rosewood board (daphne blue, black)
- 1966 Jazz Bass w/ matching headstock, blocks and dots (3-colour sunburst, olympic white, seafoam green)

That's a lot of new models!
I stand corrected.
Zeus wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:12 am
Australian listing for the Dakota Red JM: https://www.vivacemusic.com.au/shop/gui ... akota-red/

Price is eye-watering!
Bloody hell. That's getting silly.

dave19er
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by dave19er » Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:01 am

And I really don’t care for the Johnny Marr switching system. I get that it’s easier or whatever. But I just like the old school Jaguar one, especially from the looks standpoint. The Marr switching just leaves too much chrome around the switches; doesn’t look right to me.
Futuron wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:38 am
GreenKnee wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:25 pm
No Performer, no Professional, no Ultra*, no Vintage... just the Johnny Marr signature.
And the Mexico models are rarer in the wild than hens teeth.

Too bad, it's the coolest guitar Fender has but they just don't want to sell any.

(*Ultra Luxe is long scale, and doesn't count.)

Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Embenny » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:30 am

If the Canadian price is in line with that Australian one, they'll have certainly cured my GAS for the LPB model.

Like Larry, I can't buy a new Fender without throwing feeling compelled to throw hundreds and hundreds of dollars at it in upgrades, and $4700 is not "modding platform" money.

As for the Jaguars, I wonder if they just don't want to steal the 60th anniversary models' thunder by announcing them immediately.

I mean, these are USA-made with nicer, more accurate block inlays, and they might not be done producing or selling the anniversary models.

Maybe they're just helping to keep the Jaguar cool. JMs are everywhere now. Jaguars may be the last vestige of underground appeal that the whole Offset family used to enjoy.
The artist formerly known as mbene085.

Surfysonic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Surfysonic » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:52 am

Zeus wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:42 am

Euro listing for the '63 surf green Tele: https://www.klangfarbe.com/Shop/Artikel ... grw_K.html

The Dakota '66 Jazzmaster is lovely. I commiserate with those wanting a Jag in this production run, too.

You know how a lot of peeps love blocks & binding? I can take or leave blocks. Binding is cool (B&B or D&B) but I can also be fine without.

My obsession?

Clay dots (or at least, the "Clay Dot" look). I'm obsessed, fanatical, pathological. :wacko:

If the stars align, I might go for this AV2 '63 RI Tele. Not just for the clay dots, but for the '63 C neck shape - if it's anything like my '63 Jag's neck shape, I'll love it. I can take or leave the surf green body (what were the other color offerings?). I'm intrigued with the Pure Vintage '63 pickups. Honestly, for me, if Stratosphere gets some these necks to sell and Fender offers the Pure Vintage '63 pickups on their own, I'd likely just buy the neck from Stratosphere (or a used neck from someone on Reverb) and buy the PV '63 pickups.

I'm not really in the market for another Strat (have 3) and If I had to get rid of my Squier Classic VIbe '60s Strat and the Vintera '60s Stratocaster Modified, I'm all set and quite content with my Fender AV '65 Strat. I might possibly be interested in the AV2 '61 Strat, if it has the clay dots and a decent neck shape. If vintage correct '61 neck profile, though, it'll likely be a slim profile. I'd take a pass on it then.

My above musings are likely moot. I'm late-to-the-party regarding Musikraft necks. Complete game-changer for me. I've been planning to get Musikraft Strat and Tele necks built to my desired specs (clay dots! :derp: :wacko: , boat neck, roasted maple, etc.) to replace the necks on one of my Strats and one of my Teles. Considering the cost of this new line, it makes more sense to me to go with Musikraft as I already have nice upgraded bodies to put the necks on.
The doofus formerly known as Snorre...

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:01 am

mbene085 wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:30 am
If the Canadian price is in line with that Australian one, they'll have certainly cured my GAS for the LPB model.

Like Larry, I can't buy a new Fender without throwing feeling compelled to throw hundreds and hundreds of dollars at it in upgrades, and $4700 is not "modding platform" money.
Yeah, a quick look shows $4700 Australian is a little over $3k American and just about $4,200 Canadian, so fuck these guitars. I'm glad I already bought all the guitars I could ever really need if this is how it's going to be.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JSett » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:15 am

From what I've seen usually historically the € or £ price is almost a straight crossover of the USD price (ie: if a guitar is $2000 then they just change they symbol at the front and the exchange rate allows for the extra costs of importing etc). If this is the case then you're looking at about $2600USD street.

That's my prediction at least.