NGD: Squier Jarman signature Mus-guar 1st impressions +PICS!

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
Dan_Q
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: NGD: Squier Jarman signature Mus-guar 1st impressions +P

Post by Dan_Q » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:56 am

I want one, really really badly. Its also handy I like the cribs, great to see some real input.

Happy new guitar sir, Enjoy

antiwork
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by antiwork » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:43 am

I love these guitars, but that black humbucker seems so random to me...

Jarman
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Jarman » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:18 am

OK, last post here then I'm gonna be busy and gone...

few questions answered:

The bodies are made from Alder (at least on the specs. I haven't seen a stripped body so can't say for sure). We originally wanted basswood but they seldom use it anymore.

I use Rotosound Swing Bass 45-105

I am not sure if it will fit into standard Fender cases. Ours went straight into our guitar chest road cases. Sorry, can't help there - though I'm pretty confident that the Musuar would go in a Jag case for definite. The bass is about half an inch longer from headstock to butt than a P Bass if that helps.

Hope this helps

Gary

PS - Pacafeliz, I am not and never have been a member of the horrors FYI.

Dan_Q
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Dan_Q » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:36 am

Thanks for your input Gary, its been fascinating to hear the development directly from the people involved. All the best :)

Pacafeliz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pacafeliz » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:50 am

Jarman wrote:
PS - Pacafeliz, I am not and never have been a member of the horrors FYI.

:D that was a joke! Your band is cool... much more than the Horrors, too! :P
Thanks for the Input. Keep on rockin'!

I'll check if it fits in my Jag case when i get home.
i love delay SO much ...that i procrastinate all the time.

smalahove
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by smalahove » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:56 am

The musuar is just a bit too long to fit in a standard G&G (tele/strat) case, which means it won't fit in any strat/tele cases. Checked it yesterday.

OV7
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by OV7 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:16 am

It is beautiful

fuzzy_man_peach
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by fuzzy_man_peach » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:00 am

Jarman wrote:Hey everyone
Guess I'm getting kinda addicted to this place...

Anyway, just to try and answer a few things. Yeah, I heard about the limited initial run - though I assume that is speculative and depending on how the guitars sell will be open for revision. For example, I know the initial run of Marr Jaguars was 200 worldwide believe it or not. But yeah, we were always discrete with signature placement and stuff like that that to make sure that the guitars were viewed on their own merit and hopefully didn't have too much pre-conceived notions attached. I really hope they will be released in the USA, and believe that it really comes down to the popularity of the models. Am also hoping to introduce a couple of alternate colors too in future, which have already been specced and mocked up by Fender.

Well spotted with the string tree thing - yeah, I'm not too sure what the deal is there. Both prototypes only have 1.

Gary

PS - krisskrossfrog - not sure if you were the guy before who mentioned that yr daughter had been playing along to our songs. That's cool man. Good luck to her.
see this is what pisses me off about fender, if the initial run for the cribs sig guitars is 200 worldwide then why can't they do small runs of a reissue electric xii or a proper bass v reissue, the prices on the vintage market for these guitars is ridiculous, really what's fender got to loose, surely they make enough money from a billion different varieties of the strat, when the pawnshop series came out and they did the bass vi i thought that was awesome, i'd have loved to see a pawnshop v, if they can do the bass v body for this sig bass surely squier could do a vintage modified bass v.

arkivel
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by arkivel » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:16 am

Fender XII's have really unique hardware and necks. It's probably not worth it to Fender to produce only 200 of those bridges and wide necks because the tooling costs would be pretty high. If the Custom shop can't even bother to put a correct bridge on their bass IV guitars its easy to see why they wouldnt do a XII. Having said that I don't see why a smaller company doesn't make repro hardware for XII's.

leokula
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by leokula » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:22 am

fuzzy_man_peach wrote:really what's fender got to loose.
Dude, there's just so much that can go wrong... can you imagine that machinery needs to be setup and personnel need to be trained to work on a new model? I mean, it could *easily* take a year just to get this started for them... it's not like they can just wake up one day and say "hey lets make a couple kids happy and release these weird guitars again". Just ask the handmakers in the forum how long it takes for THEM to start a new like of product, and they are just a garage, they don't have worldwide sales figures and factories overseas to worry about.

Of course it could happen one day, but just takes months and months of research to even consider it, on their part. See how long it took to release some more vintage style Squier jaguars or mustangs, and these are popular since the mid 90's lol
Jaguar > Jazzmaster :)

arkivel
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by arkivel » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:41 am

Jarman wrote:
The bridge - originally the prototype was shipped to us with a mustang style bridge, which from the Chinese factory looked very similar to the Bass VI reissue bridge. It was unsuitable as the strings didn't line up correctly with the pole pieces on the pickups and Ryan felt it was detrimental to the sustain - which was a MAJOR consideration in the design process. He plays hard live and uses heavy/unusual gauge strings, so the A-O-M ticked all the boxes. The prototype's bridge was switched to one of those vintage TOM 'harmonica' bridges (which is a straight swap on a floating mustang type fitting), so when the AOM was offered it seemed to make the most sense.
Hey Jarman, please tell Fender to make a Mustang bridge with a proper 52 mm string spacing alignment. A working bridge is so overdue on Fender offset guitars.

They could call it the "52" bridge and stamp it as such. Most Fender Jaguars and Jazzmasters have either a 7.25" or 9.5" radius. It would be so easy to make mustang saddles that adjusted to either radius. Simply flatten the outer 4 saddles on the bottom side so when reversed they stand taller. Have the saddles polished and plated in hard chrome plating, add an insert to fix the posts and you're done. A simple easy solution for 95% of all Fender offset guitars.
Last edited by arkivel on Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pacafeliz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pacafeliz » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:26 pm

I would also have made the humbucker splitable, since the switch is already there.... but it might have been too confusing for some, maybe? Might do that, too.
i love delay SO much ...that i procrastinate all the time.

CROSS_guitars
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by CROSS_guitars » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:26 pm

I remember seeing the MUSUAR photoshop mockup years ago on various forums. It's great to see these things come to life.