What Will Fender/Squier Do Next?

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
User avatar
MrFingers
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:50 am
Location: Heverlee Hills - Belgium

Re: What Will Fender/Squier Do Next?

Post by MrFingers » Fri May 18, 2018 7:01 am

Stuff I'd love to see (and can see myself running to the store for).

Squier VM Bass V. The Jerman-signature was already pretty weird, let's take weird one step further
Squier VM Electric XII: the next installment in the VM-range. Candy Apple Red, White, Inca Silver & Ocean Turquoise Metallic. Bound neck, blocks or dots.
Squier VM Maverick: It fits the theme perfectly, and they have the tooling for the XII neck going anyway, so...
A re-issue of the Duo-Sonic they made a few years ago, with the desert-sand finish and gold pickguard. Also maybe a 2-tone redburst with rosewood fretboard and tortoise pickguard

Stuff we'll like get to see: boring revamps and rehashes.

User avatar
601210
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 975
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:55 am

Re: What Will Fender/Squier Do Next?

Post by 601210 » Sat May 19, 2018 6:40 am

MrFingers wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 7:01 am
A re-issue of the Duo-Sonic they made a few years ago, with the desert-sand finish and gold pickguard. Also maybe a 2-tone redburst with rosewood fretboard and tortoise pickguard
I'd love love love this but the fender duo sonics are squier-cheap and selling lile hotcakes, no?

User avatar
sirspens
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 781
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:26 pm
Location: Austin, Texas
Contact:

Re: What Will Fender/Squier Do Next?

Post by sirspens » Sat May 19, 2018 9:16 am

MrFingers wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 7:01 am
Stuff I'd love to see (and can see myself running to the store for).

Squier VM Bass V. The Jerman-signature was already pretty weird, let's take weird one step further
Squier VM Electric XII: the next installment in the VM-range. Candy Apple Red, White, Inca Silver & Ocean Turquoise Metallic. Bound neck, blocks or dots.
Squier VM Maverick: It fits the theme perfectly, and they have the tooling for the XII neck going anyway, so...
A re-issue of the Duo-Sonic they made a few years ago, with the desert-sand finish and gold pickguard. Also maybe a 2-tone redburst with rosewood fretboard and tortoise pickguard
I would buy all that!

User avatar
armyofbees
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:16 pm

Re: What Will Fender/Squier Do Next?

Post by armyofbees » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:05 pm

lefties have been clamoring for a lefty Squier offset offering.. really anything would be great, but the VM mustang would be awesome!

User avatar
Marc
Expat
Expat
Posts: 972
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:25 pm
Location: South West UK

Re: What Will Fender/Squier Do Next?

Post by Marc » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:35 pm

I'd Like to see a Squier XII. I think a true reissue or even Mexican line would be too expensive and would get discontinued quickly - a Squier version could have legs though and be a surprising success like the Bass VI has been.

I would also like to see a Starcaster - with correct bridge or JM style trem like the Bilt version.

Also a Marr Jag done in the same factory as the Mascis JM would be perfect.

I think the Squiers are a win win situation for players and the industry - players get to widen their palette of sounds on a budget and the modding market get a bite of the cherry with pickup upgrades and other parts.

Edit - forgot to mention someone phoned Fender support about XIIs and he said there is a folder on their shared drive named "Fender 2018 XII" so something is going on even if it's just research - screenshots of our petition perhaps!

User avatar
601210
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 975
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:55 am

Re: What Will Fender/Squier Do Next?

Post by 601210 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:08 am

Marc wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:35 pm
Edit - forgot to mention someone phoned Fender support about XIIs and he said there is a folder on their shared drive named "Fender 2018 XII" so something is going on even if it's just research - screenshots of our petition perhaps!
Surely someone at Fender would be in a LOT of trouble

User avatar
loveinathens
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1360
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:03 pm
Location: Manila, Philippines

Re: What Will Fender/Squier Do Next?

Post by loveinathens » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:56 am

601210 wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:08 am
Marc wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:35 pm
Edit - forgot to mention someone phoned Fender support about XIIs and he said there is a folder on their shared drive named "Fender 2018 XII" so something is going on even if it's just research - screenshots of our petition perhaps!
Surely someone at Fender would be in a LOT of trouble
What if it's an acoustic though?

User avatar
Trout
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 859
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:32 am
Location: Sweden

Re: What Will Fender/Squier Do Next?

Post by Trout » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:16 am

loveinathens wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:56 am
601210 wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:08 am
Marc wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:35 pm
Edit - forgot to mention someone phoned Fender support about XIIs and he said there is a folder on their shared drive named "Fender 2018 XII" so something is going on even if it's just research - screenshots of our petition perhaps!
Surely someone at Fender would be in a LOT of trouble
What if it's an acoustic though?
Then someone at Fender is in more trouble.
#sitdownrock found at https://soundcloud.com/oldguywithaview

User avatar
sirspens
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 781
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:26 pm
Location: Austin, Texas
Contact:

Re: What Will Fender/Squier Do Next?

Post by sirspens » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:07 am

601210 wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:08 am
Marc wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:35 pm
Edit - forgot to mention someone phoned Fender support about XIIs and he said there is a folder on their shared drive named "Fender 2018 XII" so something is going on even if it's just research - screenshots of our petition perhaps!
Surely someone at Fender would be in a LOT of trouble
*crossing fingers!*

User avatar
armyofbees
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:16 pm

Re: What Will Fender/Squier Do Next?

Post by armyofbees » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:15 am

armyofbees wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:05 pm
lefties have been clamoring for a lefty Squier offset offering.. really anything would be great, but the VM mustang would be awesome!
hear, hear!

User avatar
thecolorwaves
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:20 am

Re: What Will Fender/Squier Do Next?

Post by thecolorwaves » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:15 am

A Squier Swinger would be neat. I know it's very marmite, but I could see them being quite popular this time around.

User avatar
mbene085
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 5866
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 5:07 am

Re: What Will Fender/Squier Do Next?

Post by mbene085 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:19 am

loveinathens wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:56 am
601210 wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:08 am
Marc wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:35 pm
Edit - forgot to mention someone phoned Fender support about XIIs and he said there is a folder on their shared drive named "Fender 2018 XII" so something is going on even if it's just research - screenshots of our petition perhaps!
Surely someone at Fender would be in a LOT of trouble
What if it's an acoustic though?
Or a reissue stratocaster XII, like those early 90's MIJ ones.

What a waste of an opportunity that would be. Imagine reading the headline "INTRODUCING THE FENDER REISSUE 12-STRING......STRATOCASTER" :'(

User avatar
sirspens
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 781
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:26 pm
Location: Austin, Texas
Contact:

Re: What Will Fender/Squier Do Next?

Post by sirspens » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:38 pm

mbene085 wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:19 am
loveinathens wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:56 am
601210 wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:08 am


Surely someone at Fender would be in a LOT of trouble
What if it's an acoustic though?
Or a reissue stratocaster XII, like those early 90's MIJ ones.

What a waste of an opportunity that would be. Imagine reading the headline "INTRODUCING THE FENDER REISSUE 12-STRING......STRATOCASTER" :'(
Necks would be more readily available? Upside?

User avatar
matbard
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 165
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:51 am
Location: Florence, Italy

Re: What Will Fender/Squier Do Next?

Post by matbard » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:06 am

the "Fender XII 2018" is actually the Villager XII in black, as announced at the Summer NAMM... :wtf:

User avatar
staysix
PAT PEND
PAT PEND
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 3:47 pm
Location: indiana

Re: What Will Fender/Squier Do Next?

Post by staysix » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:33 pm

Hello from the future
Some of you were really spot on

Post Reply