Couldn’t find an MJT-specificities thread: POST PICS PLZ

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
FIREBOT
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Couldn’t find an MJT-specificities thread: POST PICS PLZ

Post by FIREBOT » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:35 pm

Here is this MJT/Musikraft/Novak/Mastery concoction in Firemist Gold... the MJT body is very light and convincingly/tastefully reliced...

N0_Camping4U
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by N0_Camping4U » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:18 pm

jc808 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:10 pm
The Aztec gold on the right began life as an MJT. I eventually changed the neck, bridge, and tremolo assembly. But I can attest that the finish, weight, and overall feel of the body is fantastic.

What's the purple color called? MJT? That is beautiful.
"I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master."

jc808
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jc808 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:37 pm

N0_Camping4U wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:18 pm
jc808 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:10 pm
The Aztec gold on the right began life as an MJT. I eventually changed the neck, bridge, and tremolo assembly. But I can attest that the finish, weight, and overall feel of the body is fantastic.

What's the purple color called? MJT? That is beautiful.
That one is a small local builder named Starr. I think it was called Iris Mist? Lavender Mist? But thanks...yeah, I do love that it's unusual!

jakeisjake
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jakeisjake » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:05 pm

Has anyone seen/played a MJT Jaguar style?
If I was a byrd, I'd be mighty sore every time they shut the door and I don't think I'd sing...

N0_Camping4U
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by N0_Camping4U » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:57 pm

jakeisjake wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:05 pm
Has anyone seen/played a MJT Jaguar style?
My roommate had an MJT Jaguar 'kit' by MJT and loves it. Still has it.
"I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master."

Gonkulator
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Gonkulator » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:39 pm

Here's a blast from the past. An old firemist gold I made a decade ago. I got the neck from a company in Singapore and I sent MJT a picture of it and they matched it pretty darn well.

YALCaster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by YALCaster » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:13 pm

I have a loaded hardtail Strat in lpb and an inca silver Strat with a trem I’m looking to sell if anyone’s interested. Thought I’d mention it since it’s an Mjt thread. Mods delete if out of line

Mechanical Birds
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mechanical Birds » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:35 pm

Hey I know at this point it’s kinda screaming into the void but I figured why not?

To those who’ve ordered custom necks - would it be possible for me to get a Jaguar neck that has the same profile as the Squier J Mascis? Or would it by nature have to be different because scale length or other guitar math shit I don’t understand?

I posted all my stuff for sale just to gauge interest and so far there has been zero. Very curious just like IF I WERE TO DO THIS could I plug measurements in on the Musikraft order sheet or whatever? The JMJM has the all time best neck anywhere in my opinion and I’d love to have it on other guitars if possible

I guess also have to somehow track down those measurements if this is a thing I should be able to do pretty painlessly

HarlowTheFish
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by HarlowTheFish » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:23 am

Mechanical Birds wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:35 pm
Hey I know at this point it’s kinda screaming into the void but I figured why not?

To those who’ve ordered custom necks - would it be possible for me to get a Jaguar neck that has the same profile as the Squier J Mascis? Or would it by nature have to be different because scale length or other guitar math shit I don’t understand?

I posted all my stuff for sale just to gauge interest and so far there has been zero. Very curious just like IF I WERE TO DO THIS could I plug measurements in on the Musikraft order sheet or whatever? The JMJM has the all time best neck anywhere in my opinion and I’d love to have it on other guitars if possible

I guess also have to somehow track down those measurements if this is a thing I should be able to do pretty painlessly
You can get stuff like depth at the first/12th fret, taper, width, and amount of shoulder the same, but it'll feel different because of the scale length (and by extension shorter neck), and it'll play differently because of that same scale length difference. If you really want an accurate measurement, get some modelling clay and cast your neck (the cheap option), or buy one of those neck profile measurement thingies that gives you depth with measurements at 1ishmm intervals across the width of the neck.

Mechanical Birds
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mechanical Birds » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:46 am

I could probably figure out the AV65 stuff and have them copy it, those feel really good too, sorta similar

snarf
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by snarf » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:24 am

Just placed an order with them last week. Can't wait to see how it turns out. They asked me these questions:
My name is ______ and I will be your project manager from now until your project is finished!
I see that you want a Custom Body from us! Beautiful 😊

There are just a few questions I have for you before we get going:

1. What type of wood would you like for your body? Alder, Pine Mahogany, or Swamp Ash? (Swamp Ash is going to take a little bit longer and will be an upcharge of $30 due to a current shortage from our providers)

2. What color finish would you like?

Here is our Custom Color Gallery:
Please choose the photo in the gallery that most closely represents the color you would like for your project for our Sprayers to use as a reference.

3. What degree of aging would you like on your body? Closet Clean, Light Aging, Medium Aging, Heavy Aging, or Super Heavy Aging?

4. What type of undercoat would you like on your body? Clear Undercoat (shows the bare wood with aging) or White Undercoat (standard vintage style)

5. What type of finish would you like on your body? High Gloss Finish or a Satin Matte Finish

6. Do you want checking? If so, do you want Broken Glass style checking or Linear Style Checking?

7. Would you like Dirt in the Checking?

Thanks again and I’m so excited to be working with you on your project!

Mechanical Birds
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mechanical Birds » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:08 am

I’ve made enough money to where I can do this I guess but am anxious about having all my details right. Do we have any posters anymore who make necks for hire? The only couple guys I can think of are both out of commission, and if possible I’d like to give one of our guys business over anyone anywhere else.

Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:53 pm

Mechanical Birds wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:08 am
I’ve made enough money to where I can do this I guess but am anxious about having all my details right. Do we have any posters anymore who make necks for hire? The only couple guys I can think of are both out of commission, and if possible I’d like to give one of our guys business over anyone anywhere else.
I sympathize with you. I’ve basically given up on the correct block and binding specs. Musikraft is unwilling to go with the specific measurements of CBS fender.

I opted to do a project with the next best thing which was a pre-cbs aged clay dot look.

jakeisjake
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jakeisjake » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:07 pm

Mechanical Birds wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:35 pm

The JMJM has the all time best neck anywhere in my opinion and I’d love to have it on other guitars if possible

I love the JM Jm neck...really. But it is my second favorite neck. My favorite neck is on my MJT build. It's a 7-9.5 conversion neck (I don't even understand what that's about and if it plays into why I like it so much). It is just so effortlessly playable.

If you buy a JM Jm neck and send it to them, they will refinish it for you (I was considering doing that).
If I was a byrd, I'd be mighty sore every time they shut the door and I don't think I'd sing...

Mechanical Birds
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mechanical Birds » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:51 pm

Unicorn Warrior wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:53 pm
Mechanical Birds wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:08 am
I sympathize with you. I’ve basically given up on the correct block and binding specs. Musikraft is unwilling to go with the specific measurements of CBS fender.

I opted to do a project with the next best thing which was a pre-cbs aged clay dot look.
Oh no way so finally (!!!) it’s confirmed that it isn’t just me! And that’s a thing, like they straight up just refuse to do it the right way? That sucks so bad! There are AV65 necks from Stratosphere for like $500 and I’m kinda leaning toward maybe just doing that to get it over with, but I think MJT guys are weird and won’t just spray over the headstock for me so even that still isn’t gonna cut it, and I’m still without the block inlays.

I can’t believe how hard of a time I’m having with this. Like, you’d think any of the 3/5 places that make custom necks would have what I want as a readily available template... really stupid that that isn’t a thing!

So yeah, nobody picked up the slack from ADH or Paul Rhoney? I’ll even forget about trying to apply specific measurements, like if I can just get the blocks and binding right I’ll be content with that. Dying for suggestions if anybody’s got any