Couldn’t find an MJT-specificities thread: POST PICS PLZ

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Couldn’t find an MJT-specificities thread: POST PICS PLZ

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:55 pm

Mechanical Birds wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:17 pm
The only thing keeping the AV65 finishes from being perfect to me is the lack of the normal white layer under my Ocean Turquoise thing

I wouldn’t be into a matte finish like I’d want the top coat on. I wonder if they’re weird about asking for a couple extra coats of clear?

I’ve owned like 6/7 AVRI guitars and surprisingly the most fragile modern Fender finish I’ve come across was a Marr Jaguar. You could dent that thing with yr fingernails
So far they’ve been pretty easy to work with. Wouldn’t hurt to ask. They may try to charge you a little extra

Mechanical Birds
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mechanical Birds » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:54 pm

I feel bad because I’ve started the process like five times and flaked each time because I can’t really get what I want.

I asked earlier but didn’t see anyone address it - do we have any builders on here anymore? The project forum might as well be the moon for me.

Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:52 am

Mechanical Birds wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:54 pm
I feel bad because I’ve started the process like five times and flaked each time because I can’t really get what I want.

I asked earlier but didn’t see anyone address it - do we have any builders on here anymore? The project forum might as well be the moon for me.
I did too. They probably didn’t believe it when I finally paid them lol

It’s a business. They’re there to make money

Norrin Radd
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Norrin Radd » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:09 am

Unicorn Warrior wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:55 pm
Mechanical Birds wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:17 pm
The only thing keeping the AV65 finishes from being perfect to me is the lack of the normal white layer under my Ocean Turquoise thing

I wouldn’t be into a matte finish like I’d want the top coat on. I wonder if they’re weird about asking for a couple extra coats of clear?

I’ve owned like 6/7 AVRI guitars and surprisingly the most fragile modern Fender finish I’ve come across was a Marr Jaguar. You could dent that thing with yr fingernails
So far they’ve been pretty easy to work with. Wouldn’t hurt to ask. They may try to charge you a little extra
I've done a lot of work with MJT. They are very open to customer requests and doing things the way you want (within reason). I wouldn't hesitate to shoot them an email with your requests/questions. They are some of the nicest people I've dealt with. Here's the latest build I did with them:

gasolinealleymusic
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by gasolinealleymusic » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:00 am

hanspanzer wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:08 am
My latest.

Allparts neck
MJT body
Gotoh tuners
Spitfire guard
Mojo Pickups
500k Bourns pots
Staytrem bridge
Mastery trem

Plays and sounds lovely

Holy hell, that is beautiful! The Spitfire guards make all builds look better.

Mechanical Birds
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mechanical Birds » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:41 pm

These guys have the absolute best customer service of any company I’ve ever come across for anything. I’m out in the water trying to find a fucking neck to do this thing and like every couple weeks the guys at MJT are checking in with me and stuff. Really excited to actually get this going but do not want to order a custom neck.

Probably gonna have to, sadly.

Hey, if anybody who’s done that is reading this, can I just plug in measurements for another neck on the ordering form? I’m trying to do a Jaguar but want it to feel like my J Mascis neck and have zero idea what goes into turning that into reality. I know they’re different scales… honestly I’m not even sure what to measure for that.