NGD: MJT Jm style

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Re: NGD: MJT Jm style

Post by Maggieo » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:25 pm

Fantastic!
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

jakeisjake
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jakeisjake » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:22 am

Thanks for kudos everyone!
SWFC68 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:08 pm
Looks great. Its a lovely color combo; especially with the Spitfire
I'm waiting on an MJT project at the moment too; its just slow right now. I always get a quick response when I ask for updates but its just moving slow. This one looks worth the wait though
That is true, I always got a quick response from them. I suppose they are doing their best.
sam wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:15 pm
Terrific build! That spitfire tort is giving me ideas for my own Sherwood green jazzmaster... :?

Is that style the "crazy 60s" or "speckled"?
I don't know. I bought it off someone here...sorry.
BoringPostcards wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:31 am
I absolutely love it! That neck looks awesome. The colour on the back is nice and the grain really pops.
Funny...it's much darker in person. The pic I showed was theirs. I figured I'd take a pic and show how dark it is, but my pic looks just like that one.
If I was a byrd, I'd be mighty sore every time they shut the door and I don't think I'd sing...

zenarcade
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by zenarcade » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:09 am

This looks very cool. Kinda like the American Original done right. With Matching headstock and an amazing Tort guard (really what is Fender thinking)

jakeisjake
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jakeisjake » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:30 am

This guitar has been with me for 2 months now...I'll give some negatives and positives.

Negative:
There is almost no change in sound from the rhythm circuit to the neck pickup in the lead circuit. For that matter, there's not a lot of difference between the neck position and middle position. I'm not a bridge pup only guy...but it does stand out.

Typical Jm bridge rattle that I'll sort out next string change.

Nitro finish is very soft and dings very easily. This could also be in the positive column...it's looking pretty awesome.

Positive:

It really plays great. I'm pretty sure it's the best Jazzmaster I have played (I've owned an AVRI, 2 Squier JMJms, and a Squier VM and I've played many in stores). It is just effortless. So smooth and clean up and own the neck. I couldn't be more pleased with the playability of it.

Rock solid in tuning.

Tremelo is very smooth and it suits me better than the other trems I have used.

Even with the previously mentioned pick up similarities, it does sound great, especially with the Fender Blues jr.

The Nitro finish is already starting to check...I'm excited to see what a Vermont winter will bring.

Overall, it's good enough that I'm considering saving for a Jaguar style.
If I was a byrd, I'd be mighty sore every time they shut the door and I don't think I'd sing...