NGD Squier Content

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
dirtyclinic
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

NGD Squier Content

Post by dirtyclinic » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:08 am

Okay, I know it's not that exciting but I picked up a Squier Bullet Mustang from Musician's Friend this week. Only $129. Surf Green. I really think it's a great value. Everything works, fret ends are not bad, frets are a little scratchy but will wear in over time if I don't polish them, pickups are as good as could be expected, very lightweight and comfortable, I love the scale length, only minus is that the tuners were installed a little crooked on some of them and they are the type that has the screw that sets them in place so I can't really fix them. I bought a Squier Bullet Telecaster last year and I thought it was lightweight......the mustang makes it feel heavy. Both are great guitars and worth every penny.

JSutter
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: NGD Squier Content

Post by JSutter » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:44 am

I had the same one. I love the look but the tone was just not me. I even put Seymour Duncans in. Didn't change the core tone; thin and plinky. Mine had multiple cosmetic defects too. I sold it before I even payed it off.

Pacafeliz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pacafeliz » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:11 pm

Ha I have the same two, except my Mustang is grey. And I swapped the neck on the Tele cuz a Tele NEEDS a maple neck!!! ;D
i love delay SO much ...that i procrastinate all the time.

NICQ
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by NICQ » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:46 pm

Great guitar!

If you don't like the tone just install different pickups (white humbuckers? :) ) - the humbuckers that it comes with are not too bad but also very midrangey

I bought a pickguard on ebay from "precisiongtr" that is cut perfectly for the bullet mustang and put a Dimarzio rail cruiser bridge in neck and super distortion in bridge - very usable & versatile guitar tones now

dirtyclinic
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by dirtyclinic » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:35 am

I am going to take the strings off, file the fret ends, polish up the frets, oil the fingerboard, and restring it with 10s. Gonna start on it tonight...oh and take all the pesky plastic off of things.

jagstang
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jagstang » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:17 am

also love the bullet mustangs. great valued guitars! I just bought one for customising. i will start a thread. 8)

AWSchmit
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by AWSchmit » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:24 am

Anyone know what's going on with these MF exclusive Bullet Mustangs? Not too long ago they were blowing these out at $50 off the normal price. The Surf Green is still listed at $50 off, but out of stock, while the Oly White is in stock but back up to regular original price. Are these going to be discontinued, restocked, or back to the original price once restocked? Just wondering if anyone has any inside knowledge. Thanks.
I finally finish building a guitar, go to play it, and then remember, "oh yeah, that's right. I suck at playing... Why did I build another guitar again?"

AWSchmit
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by AWSchmit » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:03 am

AWSchmit wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:24 am
Anyone know what's going on with these MF exclusive Bullet Mustangs? Not too long ago they were blowing these out at $50 off the normal price. The Surf Green is still listed at $50 off, but out of stock, while the Oly White is in stock but back up to regular original price. Are these going to be discontinued, restocked, or back to the original price once restocked? Just wondering if anyone has any inside knowledge. Thanks.
For anyone curious, I decided to just call up MF and ask them myself. According to the rep, although the Oly White one is showing in stock. It is not instock and is projected to come back into stock in November, however until they are received they can not confirm that they will even be available again. She also said that the Surf Green is likewise due to be in stock in the future, they project the end of Oct. However they still may not receive them and may be discontinued. So if you got one, that may be it. There may not be more in the future. If they are available in the future though, it's likely that they will not be offered at the blow-out price they were offered in earlier this year.
I finally finish building a guitar, go to play it, and then remember, "oh yeah, that's right. I suck at playing... Why did I build another guitar again?"