62 Jazzmasters from Dave’s Guitar Shop

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
ManFromMars
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: 62 Jazzmasters from Dave’s Guitar Shop

Post by ManFromMars » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:44 am

Has anyone bought from DGS?
Can't comment on these guitars, but I bought a Squier Deluxe JM from Dave's over the summer. Very smooth purchase. They answered questions, packed safely, and the setup on the guitar was excellent out of the box.

ek11sx
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ek11sx » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:04 pm

adamrobertt wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:19 pm
ek11sx wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:25 am
I bought one of these after drinking a great bottle of wine. I absolutely love it. Sonic blue, matching headstock. Plays like a dream! How is everyone’s finish holding up? I have some nice cracks all over the neck plate area but no wear anywhere else. Also, anyone have a spec sheet for the 62’s from Dave’s?
What's the neck like on your '62?
I would say comfortable but by no means a thick neck. The AmPro I have feels more substantial in my hand. It reminds me of my AmStandard from 2015

Kingsley
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Kingsley » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:06 am

I agree with pscates. I love the matching headstock Jazzmaster and Jaguar from these places but what really puts me off is why these places such as Wildwood call them 'vintage'- 10-inch, 9.5-inch and compound radius necks really aren't vintage.

WillyP
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by WillyP » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:55 pm

I had a terrible experience with Dave's. I bought a Fender Performer Jazzmaster from them that was being sold as new. A week or so after I received it I looked inside a plastic bag that contained all documents and wrenches and there was no Fender warranty, instead there was a "Dave's Certificate of Authenticity." I emailed them, and they insisted it was new but wouldn't tell me why there was no Fender warranty and there was "Dave's" instead. When I wanted to return it they said I'd have to pay for shipping back. I will never buy anything from them again.

Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:59 am

Meriphew wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:03 pm
I have one of the fiesta red ones from Dave's. It almost borderline Tahitian coral in certain lighting (which I'm fine with, as I dig both colors). I'd prefer the neck to be a bit beefier. I had them pick out the one with the fattest neck out of the 11 or 12 they had at the time. It's a cool guitar. I had mine set up with 13's, a Mastery bridge, Lollar pickups, and a Spitfire guard. Here's a few pics (the lighting is a bit off due to the cloudy weather). The pickguard is quite a bit more yellow/orangish than in than the pics show. I wanted something a bit different.

I just ordered one of these necks for a project. How would you describe the neck profile? Do you by chance know the measurements at the 1st and 12th?

Edit: Just noticed people before me asking the same question. I’ll email Dave. Good to see that they aren’t”big”.

Meriphew
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Meriphew » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:56 am

All of those necks are slim “C” shape. When I ordered mine I asked the to pick out the one with the fattest neck (I prefer beefy necks). Mine is .850/.950 at the 1st/12th. That was the fattest neck on the 12 guitars they had in stock at the time.
Unicorn Warrior wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:59 am
Meriphew wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:03 pm
I have one of the fiesta red ones from Dave's. It almost borderline Tahitian coral in certain lighting (which I'm fine with, as I dig both colors). I'd prefer the neck to be a bit beefier. I had them pick out the one with the fattest neck out of the 11 or 12 they had at the time. It's a cool guitar. I had mine set up with 13's, a Mastery bridge, Lollar pickups, and a Spitfire guard. Here's a few pics (the lighting is a bit off due to the cloudy weather). The pickguard is quite a bit more yellow/orangish than in than the pics show. I wanted something a bit different.

I just ordered one of these necks for a project. How would you describe the neck profile? Do you by chance know the measurements at the 1st and 12th?

Edit: Just noticed people before me asking the same question. I’ll email Dave. Good to see that they aren’t”big”.

Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:16 pm

Awesome and thanks for that info. It’s good to know that mine will likely not exceed that size. However, it’s still an unknown as it came from stratosphere and not out of the bunch that was being chosen from at Dave’s.

Fender deals them necks from the factory that were never used. I know because I had inquired about another neck and they were too sorry to give me any info on it by basically stating “we don’t know. We get these new from fender and they were never on a body”. This was after I asked if they could measure a neck before I bought it to which they said no. It’s already packaged. Very lazy customer service.

Meriphew
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Meriphew » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:04 am

I’ve tried to buy a nice Fender CS rosewood neck (to replace a skinny neck on an old Tele) from Stratosphere, but they never had any neck measurements available, and I wasn’t going to spend $1k not knowing that.
Unicorn Warrior wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:16 pm
Awesome and thanks for that info. It’s good to know that mine will likely not exceed that size. However, it’s still an unknown as it came from stratosphere and not out of the bunch that was being chosen from at Dave’s.

Fender deals them necks from the factory that were never used. I know because I had inquired about another neck and they were too sorry to give me any info on it by basically stating “we don’t know. We get these new from fender and they were never on a body”. This was after I asked if they could measure a neck before I bought it to which they said no. It’s already packaged. Very lazy customer service.

Nudger
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Nudger » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:37 am

I got a 62 neck off StrATOSpHEre

They originally listed as 7.5 Radius...They have since updated since I pointed it out to them.

More about this on my post DODGY STRATOSPHERE

I decided to keep it in the end and have even grown to love the bacon rosewood..You dont get to chose with StRaTOSpHere.

It is indeed a lovely neck and the slab board and clay dots are a nice touch.

Apologies for poor picture...
Crap phone, Poor lighting.. Hang over.

Nudger
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Nudger » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:31 am

Mmmmm Bacon

Slightly better light today, First time I saw fiesta red was when I got this.
My phone dont quite caputre it but I would best describe colour as a hot pink.

Meriphew
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Meriphew » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:25 am

Nudger wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:31 am
Mmmmm Bacon

Slightly better light today, First time I saw fiesta red was when I got this.
My phone dont quite caputre it but I would best describe colour as a hot pink.

It definitely isn't hot pink.