Avri vs Mastery Bridge thimbles

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
Synthsinthesky
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Avri vs Mastery Bridge thimbles

Post by Synthsinthesky » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:35 pm

I’m currently working on a build that started as a Squier VM jazzmaster and has slowly turned into only being the Squier body left. I just bought a (classic 60’s lacquer in oly white) body through reverb.com to finish the project and am seeing that mastery bridge thimbles have been installed. I really hate the look of the mastery bridges and find no use for them when playing (I prefer flatwound 11’s and am an aspiring purist :) ). Will a regular avri or vintage spec fender bridge fit in these thimbles or will I need to remove and replace them? Also, I’m in the market for a legit 60’s tort guard- spitfire just won’t cut it for me, I can spot them from a mile away, they look good but itd drive me nuts. I’m building probably one of the last electrics I’ll ever own unless I strike the lottery and can buy a real 62’. It seems like the musickraft necks are popular around here too? I have the classic 60’s laqcuer neck at the moment and while I love the feel of the 7.25 radius and shape, the red pau Ferro isn’t growing on me at all...

andy_tchp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Avri vs Mastery Bridge thimbles

Post by andy_tchp » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:10 am

Synthsinthesky wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:35 pm
Will a regular avri or vintage spec fender bridge fit in these thimbles
Yep, they'll drop right in.
"I don't know why we asked him to join the band 'cause the rest of us don't like country music all that much; we just like Graham Lee."
David McComb, 1987.

Synthsinthesky
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Avri vs Mastery Bridge thimbles

Post by Synthsinthesky » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:07 am

awesome, thanks!