Full demo/review on Squier Venus XII and how Fender stole the design

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
Pacafeliz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Full demo/review on Squier Venus XII and how Fender stole the design

Post by Pacafeliz » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:13 am

Good question as it might affect us all... :'(
i love delay SO much ...that i procrastinate all the time.

andy_tchp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by andy_tchp » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:24 pm

javier-san wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:56 pm
Wasn't sure if I should start a new thread in the mods/project section or not, but I have question for all y'all Venus XII owners.

I have one with a maxed-out truss rod...it plays fine for now and I am not too worried about it, but it got me thinking. What would I do if I needed a replacement neck?

What would my options be? Could I get a duplicate neck made? Use a premade 12 string neck? But that would leave a gap at the end of the neck where it meets the pickguard.

What would you do?
No need for a replacement neck. You could get it refretted, as part of that any backbow could be planed out of the board before the frets are pressed in.
"I don't know why we asked him to join the band 'cause the rest of us don't like country music all that much; we just like Graham Lee."
David McComb, 1987.

CivoLee
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by CivoLee » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:41 pm

Re: Mercury Guitars (the small company whose design Fender stole for those who didn't watch the video), wasn't there a thread on here in which one of the forum members picked up one of their instruments secondhand, and one of the members of the company (it was just two guys, if I remember right) got involved and it seemed for a while like the company could make a comeback, then personal problems derailed the whole thing? Was that ever resolved?

SignoftheDragon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by SignoftheDragon » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:03 pm

CivoLee wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:41 pm
Re: Mercury Guitars (the small company whose design Fender stole for those who didn't watch the video), wasn't there a thread on here in which one of the forum members picked up one of their instruments secondhand, and one of the members of the company (it was just two guys, if I remember right) got involved and it seemed for a while like the company could make a comeback, then personal problems derailed the whole thing? Was that ever resolved?
Yep

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=50431&hilit=mercury#p740959

I still would LOVE a Mercury 12-string...

algeriet
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by algeriet » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:57 am

CivoLee wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:41 pm
I even e-mailed Tim through the e-mail he left in that thread but never got an answer. :///

Also everyone sick update:

Fender Master Builder Carlos Lopez saw my video and went out and bought one to use as a template to make a new one!