Halon Hardware and demo

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
RocknRollShakeUp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Halon Hardware and demo

Post by RocknRollShakeUp » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:35 am

andy_tchp wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:36 am
No Facebook account and less than zero desire to establish one.
They should have a contact email on their website, no?

They can then email you a PayPal invoice.

Lost In Autumn
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Lost In Autumn » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:45 am

For me, a good deal of the reason I buy anything online, is that I want to click a single button, pay and get something in the post a short while later. I generally don’t want to send an email or have a conversation with someone to get something. I also would like to see the think I want online, with a thorough description of what I’m buying and why it’s great, ideally with a video or sound file of what I’m looking at, so I can compare it without having a conversation about it. We’ve had 23 years of eCommerce to demonstrate this and the best these guys can do is a website that’s slightly better than a Geocities page from 1997. This isn’t rocket surgery, I can build these guys a functioning Ecommerce portal in a day and I don’t know the first thing about writing html and can barely distinguish a ssl from a pcp- I’m a bloody carpenter ferchrissake!

Rockabilly69
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Rockabilly69 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:39 am

andy_tchp wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:36 am
No Facebook account and less than zero desire to establish one.
Well that makes sense. It's a shame though because this is a great bridge. I'll contact him when he plans to update the website. I did ask him a bit about that in the beginning and he said they were too busy building bridges! The sell them as fast as they can make them. I know this bridge has transformed my guitar. I love how it resonates like a beast through that thing.

My gig season for the winter has pretty much died off and I won't start playing heavily for about a month so I've been writing guitar riffs every night. I'm normally an acoustic player, but this Jaguar has got me riffing so maybe I'll do a little instrumental CD...

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-weldon-1/cheese-time

Rockabilly69
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Rockabilly69 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:33 pm

Lost In Autumn wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:12 am
Mechanical Birds wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:25 pm
Yeah for some reason none of this shit is on their website as far as I can tell, like at all. Weird considering it’s a sort of new thing and in a market that has like 1/1,000 the amount of aftermarket options as other popular guitars.

I’ve only ever messed with the Staytrem upgrade as far as tremolos go and it’s not really what you could call a big change considering it’s only adjustment is keeping the arm from moving. But the $200 for a Mastery or Descendant (which honestly, to me, doesn’t really land anyway) is money I’ve not been able to feel good about spending. It’d be cool if something was out there that offered a true difference in feel/features that wasn’t so expensive.

I wish there was more video of this thing! Thanks for recording something for us, OP, but without the visual aspect it’s hard for me to consume. Curious about how you feel when comparing this to a typical AVRI tremolo.
this is why I can't take them seriously and won't order from them. a 12 year-old or the average boomer can put together a ssl ecom website that can be easily updated with current info and secure credit card entry, but not these guys. they have been pushing their bridges for over a year- they look the dog's bollocks, but they can't manage to put them on their website? there's just no way in hell, in 2021, that I'm going to email my credit card info, I don't care how nice and trustworthy they may be. FFS, put together a functional ecommerce platform and keep it updated, this isn't rocket surgery.
I just messaged Halon and Haris told me they are working diligently on their website to get all the info up and make ordering easy! So if you're not in a hurry, that should be up soon!

Lost In Autumn
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Lost In Autumn » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:44 pm

Fwiw, that’s exactly what Haris told me a year ago. Don’t hold your breath.

Rockabilly69
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Rockabilly69 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:14 pm

Lost In Autumn wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:44 pm
Fwiw, that’s exactly what Haris told me a year ago. Don’t hold your breath.
Yeah but last year brought many people to their knees with COVID, so let's see what happens! I'm sure a lot of people's plans got put on the back burner while just trying to SURVIVE!

tammyw
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by tammyw » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:31 am

I think some people are just more interested in making things than running a business.

Maybe if they had an online store, they would suddenly be flooded with more orders than they could handle, followed by 1000 emails per day of people asking to have their shipping address changed on their order because they entered it wrong; asking to change their payment method; asking to have their order shipped to Kazakhstan; asking why their order hasn't shipped yet; asking to have their order canceled because it hasn't shipped in 24 hours; asking why it takes them so long to respond to email; asking to order just a single replacement saddle because they dropped one in the toilet; and various attempts to defraud them or abuse them in a money laundering scheme. Of course after that comes people posting across online forums about their terrible customer service, how it takes them too long to fulfill orders, how you shouldn't order from them because you might never get your stuff... Well, I've seen it happen before anyways.

But thanks, Rockabilly69, for taking the plunge and sharing the results, it's always interesting see to something different.
All pain and troubles melted away like lemon drops beyond the contrails across the sky.

Rockabilly69
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Rockabilly69 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:13 am

RocknRollShakeUp wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:35 pm
Rockabilly69 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:30 pm
RocknRollShakeUp wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:25 am
Looks great. Great chops too.

Is yours rocking or not rocking?

It looks like you went with brass saddles. Any perceived tonal change?

Also does it have the 52mm string spacing like on the Staytrem?

Where/how did you order it?
It's both, rocking or non-rocking ( have two sets of posts!) Haris from Halon said his preference was non rocking, but they knew many people would want rockers. But he also added that he liked the rocking version just slightly less than the non rocking. The non rocking studs were made @ 7.87mm to fit the thimbles in my Classic Vibe.

The notes were clearer in tone, more sustain, maybe slightly more brightness, without loosing the mids, but it's hard for me to describe tone.
I can say I love the tone. I did my first gig with the hardware today and I got two standing ovations rocking out on it solo through an amp sim on my HX Stomp! It was one of the best electric guitar rhythm sounds I've ever got, and it was on an amp sim, go figure!

52mm

I dealt with them through their Facebook page, where they answered all my questions, and I had them send me an invoice after all my questions were answered acceptably...
Awesome man, I’m genuinely happy that it is bringing you Massive Joy!

Thanks for the further details!

I may just have to try one of these bad boys.