I've gone Fender Crazy!

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
Rockabilly69
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

I've gone Fender Crazy!

Post by Rockabilly69 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:54 pm

To recap the madness...

In the last 2 months I've built my "Dirty Little Kitty Jaguar", bought me a Thin Skin Reissue Jaguar "The Twang Banger", and then built me my version of a 1956 Stratocaster. For awhile I was staying away from Fender guitars, but "Dirty Little Kitty" brought me back into the fold...

The Daphne Blue "Dirty LIttle Kitty" started out as a lowly Squire 70's reissue, and now the only thing left from that guitar is the poplar body and the strap pins! It's been modded with Halon bridge and trem, Fender Pure Vintage tuners, Fender Classic 50's neck (nitro) , Tusc XL nut and string retainer, EP Custom pickups, and all new electronics (switches, jacks, caps, pots, cloth wiring)

"The Twang Banger" in Olympic White has one mod, the Halon Bridge. I also have the Halon trem, but for some reason I'm really liking the American vintage trem so I haven't swapped it out yet. I am thinking of going to 10's, so when I set it up for the lower gauge, I will probably swap the trem out.

The 2 Tone Sunburst 1956 Stratocaster wannabee is an Eric Johnson body (nitro), a classic 50's neck (nitro), EP Custom pickups, custom wire harness by SmokeyB, Kluson vintage style MC6LN tuners, Fender Eric johnson trem, Fender Pure Vintage plastics/jack plate/strap pins. This guitar is setup with .009 strings which sound and feel great.