NGD - Japanese Jaguar and Jazzmaster.

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
timbo86
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

NGD - Japanese Jaguar and Jazzmaster.

Post by timbo86 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:09 am

Hi Guys,

Thought I'd share my new gear here. Recently got both these beauties in. 2002/3 CIJ Jag in lovely Lake Placid Blue. The colour of it is really quite vibrant and almost like a sparkle finish, really nice. Also a 2016 MIJ Jazzmaster. I had a sunburst lefty from this batch back in 2016 and moved it on so im glad to have one back again.

Currently got a tort guard from spitfire on order for the Jazz and a nice aged white one for the jag. Original owner lost the original guard and replaced with a blue pearl guard, did not look good.

Will be switching out the white switches on the Jag and giving them both a full new wiring harness and having them properly set up.

Will update once they are in their final form.

Pacafeliz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: NGD - Japanese Jaguar and Jazzmaster.

Post by Pacafeliz » Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:20 am

Gosh i love the tuxedo/penguin look guitars :?

Congrats, enjoy!
i love delay SO much ...that i procrastinate all the time.

MayTheFuzzBeWithYou
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MayTheFuzzBeWithYou » Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:21 am

Nice! Congrats on that double score!
Your plan with the guards sounds perfect! Looking forward to see it executed!

It‘s so good that Fender Japan makes lefty (offset) guitars - because they are just absolutely great at what they are doing!

timbo86
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by timbo86 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:55 pm

MayTheFuzzBeWithYou wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:21 am
Nice! Congrats on that double score!
Your plan with the guards sounds perfect! Looking forward to see it executed!

It‘s so good that Fender Japan makes lefty (offset) guitars - because they are just absolutely great at what they are doing!
Thanks you kindly! Matt at spitfire has been a dream to work with on getting the guards I want, great process and really looking forward to getting them.

The quality of the CIJ/MIJ guitars is really great and pretty much the only option for lefties to get any kind of interesting colours or offsets. Hopefully they'll do some more soon!

timbo86
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by timbo86 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:56 pm

Pacafeliz wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:20 am
Gosh i love the tuxedo/penguin look guitars :?

Congrats, enjoy!
Thank you kindly! Yeah the black/white is cool, but I'm thinking the tort is going to look really cool on that one!

Daitong II
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Daitong II » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:31 pm

Congrats! Can’t wait to see them with the new pickguards

timbo86
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by timbo86 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:34 pm

Pickguards have arrived after a rather horrendous 3 week delay from the ever disappointing USPS. Mark at Spitfire was absolutely amazing and so helpful, I cannot recommend him enough.

He had a workshop accident and the first guard he made for me slipped off the buffing wheel and shattered. So he made a new one to replace and then decided to fix up the broken one and give it a light relic to help cover the barely visible glue joints on the topside, so I now have two, one NOS and one aged. Nice to have the option.

Really, really pleased with them. Just need to sort the switches on the LPB Jag, get the new wiring harnesses made, shield the cavities and install mastery bridges on both.

Enjoy.

armyofbees
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by armyofbees » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:48 am

Left on!

MattK
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MattK » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:07 pm

^ it took me a minute

RavenCrest
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by RavenCrest » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:57 pm

timbo86 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:34 pm
Pickguards have arrived after a rather horrendous 3 week delay from the ever disappointing USPS. Mark at Spitfire was absolutely amazing and so helpful, I cannot recommend him enough.

He had a workshop accident and the first guard he made for me slipped off the buffing wheel and shattered. So he made a new one to replace and then decided to fix up the broken one and give it a light relic to help cover the barely visible glue joints on the topside, so I now have two, one NOS and one aged. Nice to have the option.

Really, really pleased with them. Just need to sort the switches on the LPB Jag, get the new wiring harnesses made, shield the cavities and install mastery bridges on both.

Enjoy.

On a black JM, I don't think you can go wrong with a white or a tortoise guard. Both look amazing and something about a black JM that just catches my eye every time. The LPB Jag also is a favorite color of mine. When I was looking for my Jag, LPB was a desired color, but at the time I was looking I didn't really see anything that caught my eye, especially since I wanted a pre-2016 (rosewood v. pau ferro) and IF possible, the fender mute. The one I got has all that plus the roller as an added bonus AND a G&G Fender badged black tolex hard case. The only thing I'd want to add is the matching headstock, and an amp logo on the case. My interpretation of the perfect package.

Soniqfreq
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Soniqfreq » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:22 pm

Oh my, that tort looks magnificent! Congrats. My 2010 MIJ Jazzy really came alive once I put Novak JM-V/FAT and proper USA spec harness in it.

So when you ordered the pick guard did you just tell them it’s a MIJ so they can cut it to metric specs and place the cutouts correctly?