The Japanese Limited Edition Blonde Jazzmaster & Jaguar Thre

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
StevenO
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: The Japanese Limited Edition Blonde Jazzmaster & Jaguar

Post by StevenO » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:09 pm

kebabage wrote:I want the exact look for my strat but I cant find tort that red!
http://www.allparts.com/PG-0552-044-Red ... _2589.html

?

RIORIO
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by RIORIO » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:22 pm

I want to put a spitfire tort on my mine. Actually I kind of did.

Untitled by Collopyjosh, on Flickr

pad
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by pad » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:52 am

Seven wrote:
Seven wrote:I've just bought a Limited Edition Jaguar in Mint condition with OHSC...

Here she is

And with her brothers and sisters..

Now for sale if anyone is interested?
because she has no handle to carry around? :D :ph34r:

WonderCouncil
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by WonderCouncil » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:36 am

Here's a group I've seen a few times and love, from my home town. Windy & Carl. Carl plays a Blonde Jazzmaster and I know Windy has a matching Blonde Jaguar, not sure why she wasn't using it for this show though. They own an amazing record store too, which is where this particular show was filmed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohWKAGZ6XGY

Just thought I'd share :)

If I ever buy a Japanese Jaguar I'd like for it to be the LE Blonde version. Not a fan of gold hardware much though I do dig the look of of it when it ages and the plating wears down some. I'd make an exception though for this Jaguar.

fullerplast
Mods
Mods

Post by fullerplast » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:41 am

WonderCouncil wrote:Here's a group I've seen a few times and love, from my home town. Windy & Carl. Carl plays a Blonde Jazzmaster and I know Windy has a matching Blonde Jaguar, not sure why she wasn't using it for this show though.
She is! At least at the beginning.
Q. Are we not men?

fullerplast
Mods
Mods

Post by fullerplast » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:42 am

WonderCouncil wrote:Here's a group I've seen a few times and love, from my home town. Windy & Carl. Carl plays a Blonde Jazzmaster and I know Windy has a matching Blonde Jaguar, not sure why she wasn't using it for this show though.
She is!
Q. Are we not men?

Pacafeliz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pacafeliz » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:16 am

i clearly remember a manic street preachers video where he's playing one of them jazzers.

i borrowed my gold/blonde jag to my brother YEARS ago. now i miss it.
will have to pick it up!
i love delay SO much ...that i procrastinate all the time.

sdgails
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sdgails » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:22 am

I need A HUGE favor. If someone owns the JAG LE...what is the neck heel measurement?

Beau In Space
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Beau In Space » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:48 am

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FENDER-JAPAN-JA ... 3f2f854fdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is one on ebay. It is so hard to justify that $115.00 shipping.

These are beautiful, although I prefer chrome!

Why a Jaguars the sexiest guitars ever?

WonderCouncil
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by WonderCouncil » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:56 pm

fullerplast wrote:
She is!
I thought they only came with gold hardware. To me it looks more like just an Olympic white Jag. I could be and have been wrong before though. :D

That eBay auction one looks NICE! Too rich for my blood though.

I've seen more then a couple short scales I would have loved to have gotten from Japan but shipping always seems to put the price over what I could justify.

Beau In Space
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Beau In Space » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:06 pm

WonderCouncil wrote:
fullerplast wrote:
She is!
I thought they only came with gold hardware. To me it looks more like just an Olympic white Jag. I could be and have been wrong before though.

That eBay auction one looks NICE! Too rich for my blood though.

I've seen more then a couple short scales I would have loved to have gotten from Japan but shipping always seems to put the price over what I could justify.
I'm in the same financial rowboat.

Why do they have to be so pretty though?

icecreamface
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by icecreamface » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:51 pm

I'm *about* to pick up one of these Jazzmasters this Thursday from some dude who is having a moving sale (all gear must go yadda yadda) on Craigslist. I'm pretty excited. I like the vibe of the gold hardware personally, and he has it up for $400. There is a small crack in the paint, but that crack doesn't affect the body according to the seller. I can't pick it up until later this week so I offered him $450 to hold it for me and he accepted (meeting him at a guitar center in the area later in the week). Thing is, I just found the same exact guitar on eBay by the same seller. The location is the same as on the Craigslist ad so I'm sure it's not a scam, but it's going for $600 on the bay. This kinda makes me worried that if someone ends up bidding and winning it, will this dude terminate the sale on my end? Biting fingernails and shitting bricks here, lol.

On a side note, if I do get it, I feel like it'll need hotter pickups? I've heard the stock pickups are rather low output.

WonderCouncil
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by WonderCouncil » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:18 pm

icecreamface wrote:I'm *about* to pick up one of these Jazzmasters this Thursday from some dude who is having a moving sale (all gear must go yadda yadda) on Craigslist. I'm pretty excited. I like the vibe of the gold hardware personally, and he has it up for $400. There is a small crack in the paint, but that crack doesn't affect the body according to the seller. I can't pick it up until later this week so I offered him $450 to hold it for me and he accepted (meeting him at a guitar center in the area later in the week). Thing is, I just found the same exact guitar on eBay by the same seller. The location is the same as on the Craigslist ad so I'm sure it's not a scam, but it's going for $600 on the bay. This kinda makes me worried that if someone ends up bidding and winning it, will this dude terminate the sale on my end? Biting fingernails and shitting bricks here, lol.

On a side note, if I do get it, I feel like it'll need hotter pickups? I've heard the stock pickups are rather low output.
Damn that's awesome! Fantastic price if you get it. You could always email the seller and causally ask if it's his auction. See what they respond with. Even at $600 I'm pretty sure that's still at least a fair price. Either way good luck with getting it, post some pictures if you do. :)

I really like the gold hardware too, goes excellent with the blonde finish. Found the one on eBay, looks good. Though there's one bid on it now. :unsure:

icecreamface
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by icecreamface » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:25 pm

WonderCouncil wrote:
icecreamface wrote:I'm *about* to pick up one of these Jazzmasters this Thursday from some dude who is having a moving sale (all gear must go yadda yadda) on Craigslist. I'm pretty excited. I like the vibe of the gold hardware personally, and he has it up for $400. There is a small crack in the paint, but that crack doesn't affect the body according to the seller. I can't pick it up until later this week so I offered him $450 to hold it for me and he accepted (meeting him at a guitar center in the area later in the week). Thing is, I just found the same exact guitar on eBay by the same seller. The location is the same as on the Craigslist ad so I'm sure it's not a scam, but it's going for $600 on the bay. This kinda makes me worried that if someone ends up bidding and winning it, will this dude terminate the sale on my end? Biting fingernails and shitting bricks here, lol.

Damn that's awesome! Fantastic price if you get it. You could always email the seller and causally ask if it's his auction. See what they respond with. Even at $600 I'm pretty sure that's still at least a fair price. Either way good luck with getting it, post some pictures if you do.

I really like the gold hardware too, goes excellent with the blonde finish. Found the one on eBay, looks good. Though there's one bid on it now.
I went about asking the guy in a rather roundabout way, but I believe he's going to sell it to me. I had a friends contact him asking if it's still for sale but he told him it's been sold . I called him earlier today asking if he's including the OHSC and he confirmed once again, so that erases the bulk of my worries. In the meantime, I found some scans of a catalogue in the UK from the '90's that details these particular models:

Pretty nifty, huh?

I'm getting more and more excited.

RIORIO
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by RIORIO » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:40 pm

My main guitar for the last 4 years is one of these blonde MIJ Jm's. Ive modified it extensively, but I absolutely LOVE it. You can't beat 90's MIJ stuff...