Fender Japan/Ishibashi Question

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
paisleytone
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Fender Japan/Ishibashi Question

Post by paisleytone » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:37 am

Nemesis wrote:Perhaps you lack an ability to present you information in a presentable manner? This could lead to things being misconstured.
Possibly. Or maybe I'm just dealing with someone that isn't that bright. Misconstured isn't a word.
Nemesis wrote: You have been very assumptious
Assumptious is also not a word.
Nemesis wrote: and when asked to clarify you have opted for a rather crass response regarding my reading ability.
Sorry you didn't like it. However, given the fact that you were incapable of understanding what I wrote, maybe it was appropriate, especially considering your habit of making up words.
Nemesis wrote: You have also took what I deem to be a negative attitude towards the other user regarding his questions around 13 gauge strings.{/quote]

His "questions around" .13 gauge strings? Is English your second language?

He makes a very valid point. 13 gauge strings are available from Ernie ball, D'Addario, Rotosound and other vendors.

Once again, you have no clue what you're talking about. The brands you just mentioned sell 13's with wound 3rd's. Get someone to explain to you what a "wound 3rd" is, because I don't want to waste any more time on your complete ignorance.

Nemesis wrote: " Fender CS Necks are inferior because they are not quarter sawn."
Flat sawn necks are inferior to quarter sawn necks. Quater sawn necks are stiffer and more durable. However, this is just one more area in which you know nothing, so there's no need to argue it further with you.
Nemesis wrote:Even John Suhr believes it makes no difference
Ya, like a manufacturer is going to say "Well, flat sawn is inferior to quarter sawn, but it's a lot cheaper, so that's why we use flat sawn lumber." However, being that you worship corporations if they have marketing that suggests you do so, it doesn't surprise me that you'd quote a manufacturer as the word of God."
We keep asking questions around your statements but you opt for insults and slander in response.[/quote]

Asking questions "around" my statements? You know, people might take you a little more seriously if you developed at least a middle school level grasp of the english language.

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:53 am

paisleytone wrote: Asking questions "around" my statements? You know, people might take you a little more seriously if you developed at least a middle school level grasp of the english language.
Yeah, we don't do that either. This might not be the forum for you. Four or five posts in and you are combative and insulting. Is this really what you want to do with yourself here?
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

daCod
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by daCod » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:59 am

yikes :wtf:

first off, assumptious is a word (according to merriam-webster) as is misconstrued (albeit he swapped the order of U and R)...

as·sump·tious adjective \əˈsəm(p)shəs\
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/assumptious" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mis·con·strue
miskənˈstro͞o/Submit
verb
past tense: misconstrued; past participle: misconstrued
interpret (something, especially a person's words or actions) wrongly.
"my advice was deliberately misconstrued"
synonyms: misunderstand, misinterpret, misconceive, misapprehend, mistake, misread; be mistaken about, get the wrong idea about, get it/someone wrong

secondly, this...
Larry Mal wrote:
This might not be the forum for you. Four or five posts in and you are combative and insulting. Is this really what you want to do with yourself here?
your paranoia must be weapons-grade.
“I have terrible hearing trouble. I have unwittingly helped to invent and refine a type of music that makes its principal proponents deaf.” ~ PT

Streetglide
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Streetglide » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:47 am

This is an old and very interesting thread. Fender Japan domestic versions of the various Fender products come at different price points but they are all good instruments and FJ quality has been top notch for the better part of 30 years. The higher you go up the food chain the better appointed the guitars though. s

I till have my ExTrad '54 Strat and they Dyna-made "Crafted in Japan" ST54-120, a lacquer-finished doozie of a guitar.

I don't care much for USA made Fender products since 1964 but I'm old and set in my ways. If you keep an eye on Shimokura Used you can find some nice guitars and the yen is weaker these days than it has been in a while...

http://www.shimokura-guitar.com/used_gu ... rtshop=all" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Then there's the Yamaha SG series from the mid-seventies but that's for another time and place... -L-

bugmenot
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by bugmenot » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:05 am

So where are we on "assumptious" being a word?

arkivel
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by arkivel » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:43 am

interesting thread.. I've never heard that (most) pre-cbs Fenders had 1/4 sawn necks. I'm certainly no expert, but this does not seem to be the case.

Francer
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Francer » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:04 pm

Awww, I miss that paisleytone guy, he was a lot of fun to have around ... :ph34r:

Fiddy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Fiddy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:15 pm

Francer wrote:Awww, I miss that paisleytone guy, he was a lot of fun to have around ...
That entire week back in '14, he spent with us was the best week in all of the history of offsetguitars.com :-*

AntonioC77
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by AntonioC77 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:26 pm

frelonvert wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:13 pm
"You can tell if you have an EXTRAD a couple of ways. Often they wil have EXTRAD written on the back of the headstock or by the serial number. Some will only have EX on the part numbers located on the neck socket of the body or the heal of the neck. (See above) Many of the mid-1980s models will also have FENDER stamped on the neck plate."

it is from : http://xhefriguitars.com/page9.html
is it true or not ? I don't know...
Not always true. The earliest models (1986-1987) do not have any logo on the back of the headstock. The following years, from 1988 to 1991, the "ExTrad" logo was affixed on the back of the headstock. From about 1992 this decal was replaced with the "Custom Edition" one.
https://www.fuzzfaced.net/extrad-stratocasters.html

Moo-Stang
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Moo-Stang » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:38 pm

Sorry for yet another necro bump, but did it ever get sorted for sure what EX stood for in the neck pocket? I'm guessing export, but frelonvert's post about the EXTRAD has me wondering.

My '97 JG66 simply has "JG-EX" stamped in the pocket and standard A serial CIJ number on neck heel.

andy_tchp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by andy_tchp » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:39 pm

Moo-Stang wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:38 pm
Sorry for yet another necro bump, but did it ever get sorted for sure what EX stood for in the neck pocket?
Pretty much nothing.
"I don't know why we asked him to join the band 'cause the rest of us don't like country music all that much; we just like Graham Lee."
David McComb, 1987.

Moo-Stang
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Moo-Stang » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:31 pm

andy_tchp wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:39 pm
Moo-Stang wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:38 pm
Sorry for yet another necro bump, but did it ever get sorted for sure what EX stood for in the neck pocket?
Pretty much nothing.
Works for me! Thanks

MattK
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MattK » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:12 pm

"EXtra TRADitional" meaning the most accurate vintage reproductions. https://www.fuzzfaced.net/extrad-stratocasters.html

Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:54 pm

MatthewK wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:12 pm
"EXtra TRADitional" meaning the most accurate vintage reproductions. https://www.fuzzfaced.net/extrad-stratocasters.html
MatthewK for the Win!

sal paradise
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sal paradise » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:45 pm

Fender Japan never ceases to amaze.
I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion?