Spicing up Fender Marauder Triplebucker?

For help with setups and other technical issues.
Dollywitch
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Spicing up Fender Marauder Triplebucker?

Post by Dollywitch » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:36 am

Marauder has been my go to guitar for years now, the Neck JM pickup still sounds incredible and the humbucker sound in the rear is very useful. But given the versatility, the other sounds it produces are a bit lackluster. I really wish the single coil sound was twangier or shrillier or something, for example.

Any ideas as to what I can do, maybe something with the wiring? 1M Pots? I'd like to keep the TB if possible as I like it for the humbucking sound.

chrisrnps
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Spicing up Fender Marauder Triplebucker?

Post by chrisrnps » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:39 pm

I’ve always been curious about those guitars but kept reading that the “triplebucker” was more gimmicky than useful.

If the form factor allowed, I’d be curious about trying something heretical like replacing the “triplebucker” with a standard humbucker and putting a strat-sized single coil in that inner “triple” position, but keeping the wiring plan intact. Kind of like how those old Lace Sensor sets had that goofy “HSS” option where the bridge humbucker was just two Lace Sensor “single coils” next to each other (but MOAR. More Odder.)
'Excellent! A little more practice will make you a regular whale. Now, if I may trouble you to unlace my back and front plates two holes more, I'll try that fascinating bend that you say is so easy. Won't Painted Jaguar be surprised!' ~ Rudyard Kipling

alexpigment
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Spicing up Fender Marauder Triplebucker?

Post by alexpigment » Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:26 pm

novabell wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:39 pm
I'm thinking about getting a Fender Marauder. I play mainly Shoegaze and love my Jazzmaster, but could use a humbucker for some big riffing. There is one on Reverb, but that does mean I can't try it first. Do any of you have experience with the Marauder? And more importantly, if you don't like it why?
Welcome to the forum, but do you mind not including cryptic links at the bottom of your posts?